TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
no. there is a long bolt that puts the tention on the belt. just loosen that up A LOT. before you do that, with the tension of the belt still on the pully break the center nut loose. this worked for my 97 3.4L anyway. you never mentioned what motor this is for.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
costman13 said:
you never mentioned what motor this is for.
yah, but if you looked in my sig and saw that i had a doublecab 4x4, you would know it was for the 3.4.

so there is just a bolt that holds it to the compressor bracket? break that loose and the pulley comes off (after tension is released from the belt)?

·
Registered
358 Posts
yeah break the center nut loose, then there is a long bolt on the side, behind the pully, that puts the tension on the pully/belt. after that is loose enough, the pully should just pull off. i did this about 15k miles ago. my a/c idler bearing blew up.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
costman13 said:
the pully should just pull off. i did this about 15k miles ago. my a/c idler bearing blew up.
wish mine came off that easy had to drive it off from behind with a long air chisel

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Yea Brad it is pretty easy. I had to replace mine after Cavendar tightened my belt too tight. It is mearly loosening up the tentioner and removing the center bolt.

Just whatever you do, don't take it to Cavendar.LOL

:doh: what was I thinking? I forgot you moved! never mind about Cavendar.LOL

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bear said:
Yea Brad it is pretty easy. I had to replace mine after Cavendar tightened my belt too tight. It is mearly loosening up the tentioner and removing the center bolt.

Just whatever you do, don't take it to Cavendar.LOL

:doh: what was I thinking? I forgot you moved! never mind about Cavendar.LOL
If I took it anywhere, I would take it to Toyota of Dallas but I think I can handle this one on my own.

·
Registered
275 Posts
No seriously its real easy, I got an ac pulley from Dallas or some place for like 16 bucks. Then did exactly what these guys are sayin. The tricky part is the loosening of the center bolt just enough to keep tension while also being able to adjust the tension with the bolt... if its too tight on the center bolt you will break the bolt.. happened to my alternater tensioner. heh. learn from mistakes right?... But as for the tension I was reading that your belt between pulley gaps should give about a 1/2" and that is proper tension.. Good luck.

·
Registered
514 Posts
cooper4x4 said:
yah, but if you looked in my sig and saw that i had a doublecab 4x4, you would know it was for the 3.4.

so there is just a bolt that holds it to the compressor bracket? break that loose and the pulley comes off (after tension is released from the belt)?
How many people that have never owned a double cab would know that you have a 5vz just because its a 2002 DBL Cab 4x4. Are DBL Cabs v6 only?

·
Registered
212 Posts
VF'N8 said:
How many people that have never owned a double cab would know that you have a 5vz just because its a 2002 DBL Cab 4x4. Are DBL Cabs v6 only?
All 4x4 double cabs are v6 only. The only way that you could get a 4cyl in a double cab is with a prerunner(2wd) version.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
VF'N8 said:
like 88toy said, there are only a few 2.7L Doublecabs that were made and they were all Pre-runners.

·
Registered
275 Posts
that would be insane.. I can barely get my car up to speed.. cant imagine with a dcab.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts