TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
go to walmart or a car place and buy and r-134a recharge kit. Simply hook it up to the LOW side of the system and feed vapor into the system and you should be set to go. Make sure its the low side!!! not sure if there is a high side service port on the tacos. i aint got ac in mine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
There is a H side on the Tacos, but the hose used with the recharge kit wont fit on the H side, only the L side.

Also, you'll only need about one can.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Might also try the valve on the firewall that regulats the hot/cold. Its right in the center behind the engine just below the cowl. My truck was doing the same thing and I recharged it and still did the same thing. Turned out the nut that locked the guide wire was lose and it wasn't moving the valve. Tightened the nut and all was good.

Chris

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Yotaman16 said:
go to walmart or a car place and buy and r-134a recharge kit. Simply hook it up to the LOW side of the system and feed vapor into the system and you should be set to go. Make sure its the low side!!! not sure if there is a high side service port on the tacos. i aint got ac in mine.
Walmart is the cheapest place for this stuff too! AutoZone / Checker... is about $5 to $10 more expesive!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Masterj981 said:
my ac is warmn how to recharge on 97 v6? i thinks its the ac and the copressor kicks in just right
another possibility is are you sure the compressor clutch is actually kicking in? i had the connector come loose on mine and it wouldent turn on... just a thought.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not all a/c systems are r-134a some were r-12 which was phased out of production in 1995 all new vehicals are 134a due to the cfc issues. So ur taco is r-134a. But the only refrigerant that a not qualified person can buy is r-134.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts