TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished installing my Fabtech 6" lift yesterday. I put on a set of Goodyear MTR 35s on a set of 16x8 crawler rims, and took it down to get aligned this morning. I havent yet regeared the truck yet, but plan to soon. I figured my truck would be a bit sluggish until then, but as I drove it down to the alignment shop this morning, I realized I was was flying through my gears very fast. Basically, my truck is reving out in 5th gear around 50mph!
Im a little confused by this, as I was expecting the opposite with bigger tires. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
lets see what some quick math gets up... 50mph would be 3950rpms in 5th, in 4LO :D Which would mean that you drove in 4wd on pavement.. NOT GOOD :D

But there is also a 13% difference in tire size, so 50mph would really be about 57mph....

So what exatcly is revving out?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
newbie tech much???
Hey Yamataco... Thanks! I was having quite a bit of a brain fart! :doh:
And as for A-GUEST's comment. Dude, look at your MEMBER #... I've been here longer than you D-BAG! I wish people would quite trying flame threads and being @ssholes. :wiggle:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HARDTACO & PAUL... atleast you chimed in with PICS! haha, thanks for being so helpful guys!

·
Banned
262 Posts
When I was growing up we used to eat wish sandwiches often. You know, when you have two slices of bread and wish you had something to put on them. :)

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Life is like a box of chocolates...I love you Jenny

1 - 11 of 11 Posts