TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i guess this isn't really tech, but then again alot of the stuff in this seciton of the forum isn't.
EDIT: sorry i guess this should be in the "Let's talk about wheelin section."

went wheeling yesterday with some friends that just bought some beaters.
taught a stock jeep cherokee how to jump off the ground, how to roll over and survive. and also taught a yota with a 350 swap how to swim.

our tow strap broke, chain went missing, so i ended up pushing the jeep at one point with my bumper.. on purpose i might have hit it a little too hard :D
it bent back and was resting on my headlights and corner lights.
i loosened the bolts and pulled it back down the best i could, but i noticed the very bottom mounts were a little bent. looks like i got more work to do tonight lol.
dumb, maybe. fun, yes. well worth it.
just posting this up because i'm bored at work.

·
7,735 Posts
Same here. I beat the shit out of mine (drive by braille) for a few years. Never damaged the bumper, just the mounts.

·
Registered
223 Posts
x2 interested in pics. I have pushed a few small trees over on my friend's property and my same bumper hasn't shown any signs of failure.

Don't know if its the same mounts but Boberts truck has the same bumper and modified the mounts. Should be easy to search and find for pics.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Same here. I beat the shit out of mine (drive by braille) for a few years. Never damaged the bumper, just the mounts.
not even the paint(bed liner) scratched after the jeep, let alone the numerous trees. very well pleased, but it does seem the weak point are the mounts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
x2 interested in pics. I have pushed a few small trees over on my friend's property and my same bumper hasn't shown any signs of failure.

Don't know if its the same mounts but Boberts truck has the same bumper and modified the mounts. Should be easy to search and find for pics.
it's funny, i although thought the tube portion of the bumper would have atleast bent, and it hasn't!
i didn't know he modded them, i'll have to start searching. i've been trying to think of my own ways to strengthen them too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts