TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Competition shooting range - Iron Hill

Northern Colorado Springs – Built for 2&3 gun, competition pistol shooting, and speed accuracy shooting we are going to build a gun range a little different then what is currently available to action shooters. Iron Hill will have the standard stand and shoot range with track system targets out to 50 yards so you can use your own paper targets. Past the 50 yard mark we will have measured targets at every 25 yards allowing you to sight it to the correct yardage. With that Iron Hill will also have areas set-up to allow you to walk through and shoot targets as you do in competition, this will allow you to train like you compete.

With being a new style of shooting range Iron Hill is also going to focus on the environment giving its members a safe environment for them and their families. Iron Hill will be using proven lead and steel capture and recycle systems as well as plating a large amount of tress on its property. Iron Hill will also be working with several environmental groups in helping them to show that hobby shooters do care about the environment and want to help where they can.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/iron-hill/x/9421801

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This campaign is setup so that if I do not reach my goal then all the money comes back to the people that gave. I do not want your money if this idea does not get fully backed.

I want members and people that want a place to shoot that is not only a lot of fun but a great place for families and the environment. Even if you do not live close to it or want a membership to it, support the idea and the dream. Share it with your friends and the community.

This thread has a lot of views so ask questions, talk about what it is I am doing, tell me what you want in a shooting range and how this will make you want a membership, or talk to me about the environment and how I can be an active shooter that hates the fact every time I drive up to Eagle Rock there are bullets flying over the trail head and destroying the area up there till it is shut down completely.

Share on Facebook

Tweet

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What kind of events do you enjoy?
Any specifics you can give me and if it is a fun one that we use we will name it after the club that gave us the idea.

In a dream world what would your training environment look like?
Anything from cars as walls, to motion timers so that you can run the stages alone.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We launched our new pitch video today. We are still going to be a environmentally focused club, but we are not getting the support like we thought we would in our efforts to conserve the tress so now we are marketing to our main area, the competition shooter.

We are working with 3-Gun Nation in hoping to have them as a founding partner and will be one of the first 3-Gun Nation event holders in Colorado.
We hope all of you that have ever thought about competition shooting, or you people that are just naturally competitive join us. We are going to be bringing some big things to our gun range.

We are changing the text below as well, what do you guys think about the new pitch and bringing in more competition to an area?

There is a lot of experience any here, what are the drawbacks that might come along with having so big events as well as all our member events?

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/iron-hill/x/9421801

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
1 Participant
alteredvision
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing