TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anybody give me an answer to this equation....(881x2)+DC=x inches of lift.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
never mind on the nat board it says the answer is 1.5"

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Yeah, probably just enough to even out the front with the back.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you think i'll be able to clear 32s (on a trail)?

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
technically you can clear 32's stock..... so yeah i think you should be able to

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
midnight rider said:
do you think i'll be able to clear 32s (on a trail)?
What width?

IMHO, 32x11.50 is a ridiculous tire size. Hardly any ground clearance improvement, and increased fitment issues. I would recommend 33x10.50 (or metric equivalent)... Get the ground clearance and avoid the fitment issues.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'd like to do the 33s but right now i don't really have the money for a bl to add to a 3" susp lift. i know i could save pennies but i'm tired of looking at a bone stock taco for the last 2 years. i'll crunch my budget some more but i don't think i can afford much.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
That's the great thing about staying narrower - if you can fit a 32x11.50, you can PROBABLY fit a 33x10.50, and you don't have to buy new rims - very cost effective way to get more ground clearance!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i wanted to go a little wider than the 10.5 i have now. if i could find 33x11.5 in a 15" wheel i'd probably do it. i really want 33x12.5 but i can't afford it. but i'm willing to settle for 32s. i'll probably wind up getting 882 system from toytec and buying the bl for 33s when the 32s go bald.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i dont have 16s (on my f250 i do) on the tacoma.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I initially had 881s on my dcab, swapped for 882s within a few months because the front is lower than with 882s. Haven't looked back after putting on the 882s.

If you do the 881s and want a bit more lift without sacrificing the "softer" ride, talk to Doug or Chris at Toytech about adding a spacer.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
The wheeler's offroad 15" wheels fit almost all the late model tacomas, except for a few equipped with VSC (this according to their website). So it's possible to use either metric or standard tire sizes on just about any Tacoma, although I really don't see a consistent price advantage either way.
Midnight Rider, I have a set of 1/2" front spacers that I was running atop my 882s, but it made the front of the truck higher than the rear, so I removed them. Doug sells 'em for $60 a set (TOP1-T, http://www.toyteclifts.com/spacersoffroad.htm ). Make me an offer...you'll neet to get longer studs for your top plate as well, (I lost mine) I'm sure Doug will charge a nominal fee for these. PM me if this sounds appealing. 3/4" of lift relatively cheaply and easily may help you fit the tires you like.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i recently bought 15" steelies and i don't plan on buying 16" wheels (would wind up spending more money). i think i'm just gonna go with 882 kit from toytec (when ever i sell my 75 cougar)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re:....(881x2)+DC=x inches of lift.

(881x2)+DC=?
(882x2)+DC=4.0
I just put OME 882's on my DC and got close to 4 inches on lift in the front. Even with the ARB and the winch weight thats what it came out too. It's only been on a couple of weeks and hasn't cmopletely settled but thats what I got....... :)

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
you got 4" from 882s? That's gotta be a very steep CV angle, huh? I imagine they'll settle just a bit, too, although I haven't seen mine settle in a couple thousand miles of hard driving/offroading.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
its about 2.5 over stock..... but trd progressive rate coils are notorious for sagging. so over what he had before he probably got 4 inches....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts