TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
NVTTORA Pres. 社長
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I wanted to give a brief review of my recent experience with Adams Driveshaft http://adamsdriveshaft.com/
I purchased F&R Nitro gears through Chase at ECGS and got a great deal on the master kits as well. We are dealers for ARB so I ordered an RD121 direct from them.

Brought it all down to John and James at Adams to have it installed. They quoted me a very reasonable price and told me they could have it done in a day. I went out to the shop and met with Rob who does most of their gear set installs. Real decent kid who knows his stuff and he should... James is is dad.

I had to fly out of town and couldn't get down there for a couple days. These guys were kind enough to keep my ride parked inside their shop overnight. Not that their yard isn't safe but the extra care was appreciated.

When I picked up the truck I asked John if he would go for a test drive with me before I paid the bill. I was pleased with the way the new ratio felt and I heard very little discernible noise from the new gears. They stuck to their quoted price and completed the work in one day.:D

Brought it back to them for the 700mi gear lube change/inspection and had them fill it up with synthetic. Metal shavings were very, very minimal. We noticed a little oil on the rear diff flange but thought it may be due to the install grease or whatnot. Rob just advised I keep an eye on it to see if it went away.

It's been a couple of months and today when I was under the truck greasing it and I noticed the flange seal appears to be leaking, crap.
Called down to Adams today and they said they would take care of it. Because I originally brought them the parts, I have to eat the cost of the seal - that seems fair to me. They did offer to split the labor with me, that was good of them IMHO. James actually said if the seal looks like it was installed incorrectly that they will do the full repair free of charge. That some integrity right there!

These guys are really top notch and I would highly recommend them for diffs, lockers, driveshafts, u-joints, etc. Please consider patronizing Adams Driveshaft if your in the market for running gear service/work!

....Did I mention these guys are very Pro Second Amemdment ;)

·
Registered
505 Posts
Adam's is an amazing shop. They treated me great when the did my gears. James lives right by me so instead of me driving way out to Henderson in rush hour to pick it up, he offered to just drive it to his house. I live about 3 minutes away so it was an awesome gesture. They are really top notch.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I've bragged on these guys in multiple posts before, all I'll say is they are an amazing shop who know their crap!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Logo

Hi,

My name is Dan, and I am the IT/Graphic artist for Adams Driveshaft. Does anyone know how to contact the person running this forum? I've been leaving e-mails trying to get in touch with someone, but I never get a response. I was just wondering if the logo on this forum could be removed, or just changed to our new design. Please contact me at [email protected].

Thanks,

Dan

·
Administrator
18,217 Posts
Hi,

My name is Dan, and I am the IT/Graphic artist for Adams Driveshaft. Does anyone know how to contact the person running this forum? I've been leaving e-mails trying to get in touch with someone, but I never get a response. I was just wondering if the logo on this forum could be removed, or just changed to our new design. Please contact me at [email protected].

Thanks,

Dan
Email sent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
ShowStop
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing