TTORA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking and getting an add a leaf 2.5 lift with spacers in the front is this an ok way to do a cheap lift or should i go with the blocks instead? Also is it hard to add a leaf? Im getting my friends 33 in a few months so i need to have a small lift by then.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I'll work well enough. AAL is definitely better than blocks for the rear. If you need one, I have a brand new downey AAL and a 3" cornfed spacer I'd like to get rid of :)

·
Registered
357 Posts
It will work, but expect the ride quality will be compromised. I've installed this kind of a lift before by myself, and it wasn't the easiest thing I've ever done, but with the right tools it’s very doable. I'm also not a highly skilled mechanic, but I’ve always done my own oil changes and other simple maintenance on my own vehicles.

I would actually suggest a combination of a 1.5" Shackle, and a 1.5" AAL. The overall price might be slightly higher, but it will give you better articulation, and the ride quality will be much better. Of course the install will be harder, as getting the old shackles off is usually quite a chore. I've done shackles on a few different vehicles, and it usually ends up requiring some heat and a lot of prying and banging; all while the vehicle is up on a lift.

Either way you go, you’re going to need some longer rear shocks. You’ll also want to plan on eventually doing a coil-over replacement up front as they are so much better then spacers.

That my experience anyway.

·
Registered
307 Posts
add a leafs the easiset part, its fighting with the front coils thats the bitch.:cool:

·
Registered
958 Posts
just finished one today. One hour later 2"s yeah.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Lift

Its not too hard to do. The shackles are easy, the add a leaf is medium and the front springs are easy also, as long as you have the right tools. Let me know when you want to do it and I will help. I'm in Glendale too, which makes it quick and easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts