TTORA Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jack up ass end, take off u-bolts, take out centering pin, insert add-a-leaf, put in centering pin, put on u-bolts.

Is it that simple?

Also, does anyone make a 2.5" aal? I have a feeling this 2" might not be enough for me.

·
Registered
469 Posts
It's pretty much that simple, I loosened a bracket on top of the drivers side of the axle that mounts the brake lines and such so that there isn't so much stress on the brake line on that side while you drop the axle enough to fit the new AAL in. You can remove the spring hanger from the front, but taking one small (maybe 12mm) bolt was much easier.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've seen other people mention procomp 2.5" as well, but I just got off the phone with them and they said they don't make 'em.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Downey makes an AAL that's giving me 2.5" of lift. You forgot to disconnect and reconect shocks, be carefull not to overexted the brake line, and move the proportioning valve up the same amount as your lift.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Like Breathegood said, don't forget to adjust your brake proportioning valve or your braking will suck. Just measure the amount of lift and adjust the rod that exact amount. If a 2" AAL is not enough then think about adding a longer shackle also. I used wheelers 1.5" AAL and added a set of 1" lift cornfed shackles (35$). works great and is a pretty cheap rear lift.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I currently have fabtech 1.5" aal's on there. And, about 5 minutes ago, the tuff country 2" aal's just showed up at my door. But putting them up to the 1.5" it doesn't look like they are gonna do a whole lot more. I guess the shackle setup is a cheap way of getting what I want. Damn it. I wanted this done by the weekend though. I hate waiting for parts. I WANNA PLAY!

·
Registered
196 Posts
no 2.5 aal from procomp ? please correct me if i am wrong ( which is most of the time) but i thought when you got a 3 in kit from toytec that included a 2.5 aal from procomp.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
upwithit said:
no 2.5 aal from procomp ? please correct me if i am wrong ( which is most of the time) but i thought when you got a 3 in kit from toytec that included a 2.5 aal from procomp.
I think their technical name is explorer pro comp. Maybe that will help. They might have been lying because yes they do make a 2.5" AAL. I put one on my friends truck about two weeks ago. The box and AAL both said explorer pro comp.

·
Registered
196 Posts
you are correct sir.

·
Registered
123 Posts
seth_js said:
I've seen other people mention procomp 2.5" as well, but I just got off the phone with them and they said they don't make 'em.
The 2.5" Procomp AAL is a Procomp 13120 AAL and it is a short AAL. It will give 2.5" initially but if you wheel enough it will sag to 2". Not sure if they sell them anymore or not but I've had one on my truck for over 4 years.

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
ONE SIDE AT A TIME! for the aal install, unless of course you have both a way to support the frame of the truck (as in a lift) and something to support the axle when you take the ubolts off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts