TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so as always, when something is planned for my truck something gets in the way and nothing ends up happening. My original plan was to get some hoes, deaver 8's and the bilstein 5100's for my truck, however i have to take 1 more unit than expected at school which is $400.00 so that cut down on how much i can spend on the truck. Instead of not buying anything and blowing my money on stuff i really don't need and will see not benefit from, i was thinking of going with SAW 2.0s, deaver add a pack and the bilstein 5100's for about $300 dollars less than the original setup. I know its not the best setup but i know if its not this, it will end up being nothing. But i have a problem. My leafs are shot as in they have no arch to them at all, maybe even a hint of negative arch. Would getting the add a pack for them help? Would it hurt the leaf pack i have on now or the add a pack i want to install? I searched a bit and read that adding an add a leaf to a negative arch leaf pack would crack the add a leaf, would an add a pack be different? Sorry if its already been discussed before, but i had no clue what to type into the search box. TIA

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
the add a pack system isnt going to do crap fro your shot leaves... replace the shot leaves first... hell at this point, a whole new aftermarket pack would be cheaper... you can find some cheap awesome deals on ebay if you look hard enough or good springs from otehr members that upgraded for whatever reason

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jimbo74 said:
the add a pack system isnt going to do crap fro your shot leaves... replace the shot leaves first... hell at this point, a whole new aftermarket pack would be cheaper... you can find some cheap awesome deals on ebay if you look hard enough or good springs from otehr members that upgraded for whatever reason
You think OME 882's, OME leafs, bilstein 5100's rear and OME front comfort shocks would be a better solution?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
i dont know and couldnt tell you, im more of a early truck kind of guy... would do something liek marlins springs or similar.....

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
5vzfe said:
Hey guys so as always, when something is planned for my truck something gets in the way and nothing ends up happening. My original plan was to get some hoes, deaver 8's and the bilstein 5100's for my truck, however i have to take 1 more unit than expected at school which is $400.00 so that cut down on how much i can spend on the truck. Instead of not buying anything and blowing my money on stuff i really don't need and will see not benefit from, i was thinking of going with SAW 2.0s, deaver add a pack and the bilstein 5100's for about $300 dollars less than the original setup. I know its not the best setup but i know if its not this, it will end up being nothing. But i have a problem. My leafs are shot as in they have no arch to them at all, maybe even a hint of negative arch. Would getting the add a pack for them help? Would it hurt the leaf pack i have on now or the add a pack i want to install? I searched a bit and read that adding an add a leaf to a negative arch leaf pack would crack the add a leaf, would an add a pack be different? Sorry if its already been discussed before, but i had no clue what to type into the search box. TIA
that will work. the Deaver 3-leaf AAL doesn't have the breakage problem that a single AAL does with worn springs. but, it doesn't sound like yours are that bad...on a dcab you won't see much positive arch anyway.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hytenor said:
that will work. the Deaver 3-leaf AAL doesn't have the breakage problem that a single AAL does with worn springs. but, it doesn't sound like yours are that bad...on a dcab you won't see much positive arch anyway.
just what i wanted to hear :) thanks

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,206 Posts
Even better, if there's a stock leaf pack in your area, get it and use the bottom two leafs as a donor pack to make your AAL's.

Read up in the Cheap Tricks section...

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NorcalPR said:
Even better, if there's a stock leaf pack in your area, get it and use the bottom two leafs as a donor pack to make your AAL's.

Read up in the Cheap Tricks section...
hey your in CA, wanna trade packs ;) :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
joel said:
I have a Deaver add a pack for sale... $120 + shipping. It only has about 10k miles on it and almost no trail time. Let me know if you’re interested.
I think i'll pass, but thanks anyway. I would really like to get all new parts if not used OEM parts for my truck. :) And for the price of shipping to so cal i could probably just pick them up from demello for the same price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts