TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
I found a good deal on some add hubs, and diff, what else is needed to do an Add swap, rather than just a manual hub swap?
I think your T-case needs a switch for add. When I bought my t-case the previous owner took the add switch from the case. I was then left with a threaded hole. The switch turns on the front diff when engaged, via vac or electric. I believe you can just wire it to a switch in your rig though. That way you can turn it on or off when you want. Depends how you want to set it up. Other than that its the same swap, but your cv's will aways spin.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think your T-case needs a switch for add. When I bought my t-case the previous owner took the add switch from the case. I was then left with a threaded hole. The switch turns on the front diff when engaged, via vac or electric. I believe you can just wire it to a switch in your rig though. That way you can turn it on or off when you want. Depends how you want to set it up. Other than that its the same swap, but your cv's will aways spin.
Oh, okay, that doesn't sound too bad, would that cause worst gas mileage?

I have a set of manual hub spindles and a front diff, but I have some broken off bolts in the bottom of the spindles that I am having trouble removing, I may take them to a shop and see if I can get them to remove them.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I found a good deal on some add hubs, and diff, what else is needed to do an Add swap, rather than just a manual hub swap?
I'll take your manual hubs if you want to get rid of them.

The ADD system needs to be introduced. The t-case is different, which engages the front diff. Has different connections and sensors on it. Which would lead to the wiring harness.

You can just run the ADD to a switch that you can flick on or off at your will. Keep the t-case, and just out the front diff on a switch. easy as pie.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts