TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know everyone on here is generally older than me and probably doesn't have a problem with this, but I didn't know what caused it until I talked to my Dr today and they told me. I have really bad anger outbursts for little or no reason on occasion and it's gone as soon as it came. For those of you who know me I'm a pretty mild-tempered guy and very easy going. But even the slightest provocation I'll get extremely irritated. I'm asking this question because I was bombarded at work today by customers and employees about a section of work that was no assigned to me and yet I need to know all the answers tried to deal with it, and kind of slapped my desk but it made a loud noise and much harder than I meant to. I know I have problems with it and I am aware of it but it will still happen anyways. I was wondering if anyone else with ADD had similar problems and how they dealt with it. I tried doing everything from breathing to counting to 10 but nothing seems to work :confused: oh and I don't take meds for it just FYI. It's just irritating because I have a hard time enough focusing on one thing at a time as it is it's just something I'm hoping someone has experience with and can help a brother out :D Oh and Rojo Paul now I guess you know why I have to ask you 10 times what part of the tube/metal to :saw: or :welder: :p

-Tweeter

·
Registered
414 Posts
There are a few different types of Bi-polar disorder, and it's been a while since I've studied them, but have you asked your doctor about that?

*Usually Bi-polar isn't that quick of a mood change, but not impossible. Do you go through periods in your life where you are super productive, then very lazy?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Traffic does that to me. I can be just fine until somebody cuts me off or I start hitting every red light... then I get psychotic.

Make sure you are eating three meals per day and you're not skimping on sleep.

Skipping breakfast can mean certain death for the first person to piss me off.

Mentally detach yourself from work for a little while, too.

Play a violent videogame when you're pissed off. Playing Grand Theft Auto San Andreas is the quickest way for me to vent. Something about a tank running over people just does it for me. :D

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
Tweeter said:
I know everyone on here is generally older than me and probably doesn't have a problem with this, but I didn't know what caused it until I talked to my Dr today and they told me. I have really bad anger outbursts for little or no reason on occasion and it's gone as soon as it came. For those of you who know me I'm a pretty mild-tempered guy and very easy going. But even the slightest provocation I'll get extremely irritated. I'm asking this question because I was bombarded at work today by customers and employees about a section of work that was no assigned to me and yet I need to know all the answers tried to deal with it, and kind of slapped my desk but it made a loud noise and much harder than I meant to. I know I have problems with it and I am aware of it but it will still happen anyways. I was wondering if anyone else with ADD had similar problems and how they dealt with it. I tried doing everything from breathing to counting to 10 but nothing seems to work :confused: oh and I don't take meds for it just FYI. It's just irritating because I have a hard time enough focusing on one thing at a time as it is it's just something I'm hoping someone has experience with and can help a brother out :D Oh and Rojo Paul now I guess you know why I have to ask you 10 times what part of the tube/metal to :saw: or :welder: :p

-Tweeter
welcome to the club ;)

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,206 Posts
Hmmmm, maybe I'm in the same boat as you. If I can't do something, or something pisses me off I get furious.

Hangovers make it worse too.....

·
Registered
386 Posts
come over to my house and I will slap it out of you! LOL

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
I'm ADHD, and I've had anger management issues all of my life. I have a history of breaking things, punching holes in doors and walls, punching windshields(my own vehicles, not someone elses), yelling/screaming at the top of my lungs until I can barely even speak, fits of pure rage.... I'm EXTREMELY easily irritated, it only takes about 5 seconds of stupidity before my anger shows on my face. The only thing that helps is escaping the situation totally. One thing that I've been lucky throughout my life w/ jobs, my bosses always seem genuinely care about me as a person. So they know that if I get really angry, there are never any problems for me completely removing myself from an intense situation. I can literally walk away from a customer and not get in trouble for it, lol. As I've gotten older, I've learned to control my rage a good bit better. I don't just automatically start destroying shit. However, my anger is still there. It has its pros and cons. I've destroyed relationships over it, I've attempted suicide(literally)...... Its also enabled me to not be a fucking pussy and be able to defend myself and not be scared to knock someone the fuck out if necessary. The best piece of advice that I can give you, don't let it get the best of you.

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
wslytoy said:
I'm ADHD, and I've had anger management issues all of my life. I have a history of breaking things, punching holes in doors and walls, punching windshields(my own vehicles, not someone elses), yelling/screaming at the top of my lungs until I can barely even speak, fits of pure rage.... I'm EXTREMELY easily irritated, it only takes about 5 seconds of stupidity before my anger shows on my face. The only thing that helps is escaping the situation totally. One thing that I've been lucky throughout my life w/ jobs, my bosses always seem genuinely care about me as a person. So they know that if I get really angry, there are never any problems for me completely removing myself from an intense situation. I can literally walk away from a customer and not get in trouble for it, lol. As I've gotten older, I've learned to control my rage a good bit better. I don't just automatically start destroying shit. However, my anger is still there. It has its pros and cons. I've destroyed relationships over it, I've attempted suicide(literally)...... Its also enabled me to not be a fucking pussy and be able to defend myself and not be scared to knock someone the fuck out if necessary. The best piece of advice that I can give you, don't let it get the best of you.
damn, and here all this time I thought you were just a dick :p

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
hytenor said:
damn, and here all this time I thought you were just a dick :p

HAHA, nope..... I'm a total emotional wreck :D! I also have hellacious anxiety issues, I had 2 anxiety attacks today at work and almost had a 3rd when I was at the gym :eek: . Thank GOD for inhalers and xanax HAHA!

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
wslytoy said:
HAHA, nope..... I'm a total emotional wreck :D! I also have hellacious anxiety issues, I had 2 anxiety attacks today at work and almost had a 3rd when I was at the gym :eek: . Thank GOD for inhalers and xanax HAHA!
"BETTER LIVING THROUGH CHEMISTRY"

Dow chemical Co. slogan ;)

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
hytenor said:
"BETTER LIVING THROUGH CHEMISTRY"

Dow chemical Co. slogan ;)

All the drugs that ppl take these days, it really makes you wonder how ppl back in the 1800's made it??

·
Registered
532 Posts
wslytoy said:
All the drugs that ppl take these days, it really makes you wonder how ppl back in the 1800's made it??
easy, they werent pussies back then. :D they also prescribed other shit like opium and cocaine.

i subscribe to the theory that the over abundance of drugs today is all part of a conspiracy to keep the general public sedated and unaware of the fact that microscopic aliens are inhabiting all of our bodies today and using them as hosts while they build up their tolerence to our planet and stock pile their resources for a future colonization. think about it. why do you think there are SO MANY different drugs today. for everything that can happen they now have a drug for it. they have a drug for laziness, short attention span, anger, depression, erectile dissfunction. a pill for everything. its all just to keep you numb and dumb. and who do you think makes up these long ass weird names for these drugs? do you think thats really english on the back of that label?

or maybe they're all just placebos to make money. :p

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I think alot of ADD and ADHD are simply being "male", or for the sexism-sensitive people, perhaps being "normal" in a modern (read: non-normal) environment. I was severely ADHD as a kid, having to take ritalin 2-3 times a day and a liquid narcotic twice a day throughout elementary school. Even then it didn't help. I still had eraser wars and drew on my desk, and got up without cause. I just needed to do shit, or I was crazy. Later on they doped me up with all sorts of cocktails: lithium, pamelor (sp?), prozac etc. After all that, in the end, it was simply taking me out of a controlled environment and letting me do whatever I needed to do to get shit outta my system that worked, not drugs or more control. Once drinking was no longer rebellious, smoking was ok, long hair didn't matter and staying out late was fine, I pulled my shit together and stopped all of it. The only rule placed on me was I had to make good grades in school. I became a different person.

Alot of folks don't understand what makes an ADD/ADHD kid tick. As one psychologist put it in my medical report as a teenager at an orphanage (which I obtained copies of when I turned 18 and moved out) "DO NOT BOX HIM IN A CORNER, DO NOT ARGUE WITH HIM", copied verbatim. This made me laugh when I read it. However true it was, they only knew what not to do on the passive side, not what needed to be done on the proactive side. In that sense, every ADD/ADHD kid is an experiment, with results varying.

In the end, with this dumbass pussified society of women and metrosexual pansies running schools (sorry ladies), only the kid can fix himself, no one can do it for you. For me it was one step at a time. I had to break a couple bones to learn to avoid stupid shit, go to jail to avoid other stupid shit, lose a fight to learn to avoid yet OTHER stupid shit, etc. I couldn't learn by example, I had to try it and make sure I couldn't come out on top first. Now I think I know better mostly, but time will tell lol.

I know I may sound sexist in this thread, and for you ladies, I apologize. If you fit the ADD/ADHD definition, you most likely know already that you DO NOT fit the common mold, and therefore this post does not apply to you. ADD/ADHD is poorly defined, poorly studied, and even more poorly handled. When I was on the scene (public school) and vast majority of ADD/ADHD kids according to the current definition were male. This may be different now, but I don't know.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts