TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First and foremost. I know this question has been posted. Save your "do a search" responses.
All I want to know is if there are different ADD systems. For example: I was able to just bolt a set of WARN hubs to my 97 T-100. I didn't mess with any actuators, vacuum pumps etc. I read the current threads and it seems a lot more difficult than what I did on my 97 T-100.
Is there a difference between the ADD system in 1997 and the one in 2001?

Thanks.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I am not sure what vehicle you have, I assume a taco. I know on my old 2000 taco it was a real pia. I had 3.5" of susp lift on the cv's and it ate them to peices very qucik since it never really disengages. :2cents:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a 2001 Taco. 2.7 5sp. It already has a 3" suspension lift in it. I guess I just want to know if all non-manual hub trucks are ADD trucks or not. I just want to put my WARN hubs on it and be done with it.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Yes, all non manual hub Tacos were ADD; and yes, I do believe there was a difference in the ADD system introduced around 2001 or so. It went from electric/vacuum to all electric or something.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
You can't just bolt on a set of hubs onto a ADD truck. Go look at your trucks hub. Tehre is a cover. Where are you could to bolt the studs into???

If you want manual hubs, you will have to swap out the cv, spindle with the bearings, and then you can bolt on a hub (which Warn isnt the greatest, the Aisin units are stronger)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts