TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These bumper tire carriers are currently only available for in-house installations for the foreseeable future until we streamline the process.

Give us a call to talk about pricing and turn times. Usually we need the vehicle in-house for about a week or so. :D

More

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
looks nice! two questions: How does that latch work, just pull out the T pin on the driver side? and is the license plate visible or will that need moved? Looks like another clean design scotty!

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks nice! two questions: How does that latch work, just pull out the T pin on the driver side? and is the license plate visible or will that need moved? Looks like another clean design scotty!
T-handle actually screws in.

License plate will be moved to the center of the tire at a later date. She had a run this weekend in Buena Vista that she wanted to take it on. So, we accommodated her to let it go.

Its coming back up for a few more add ons in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Nice!! Have you ever done any rear high clearance bumpers for 05-11 tacomas ?

·
Registered
397 Posts
If in the future, if I have a second vehicle, I would be interested in what you can do for a 2nd gen front tube bumper. Currently I cannot go without my truck for more than a weekend.

Do you have plans to make jigs for 2nd gen Tacomas?

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If in the future, if I have a second vehicle, I would be interested in what you can do for a 2nd gen front tube bumper. Currently I cannot go without my truck for more than a weekend.

Do you have plans to make jigs for 2nd gen Tacomas?
At some point we will be doing them. My next major purchase is going to be a plasma table. When that happens it will open the 05+ Tacoma and 03+ 4runner to a lot more aftermarket support.

Scotty

·
Registered
228 Posts
Opening things up for 05+ I think you could get some good biz coming in more if you didnt have to have the trucks for more than a day or 2
Like BIGREDTOY said its hard when its your DD

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
T-handle actually screws in.
gotcha, from the pic angle it looked like the handle was too long to rotate without hitting the body. nice design!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yep. I weighed my options and since there are no "production" style bumpers being made locally, I had to have my rear bumper fab'd and shipped.

Supporting local shops is top on my list when considering armor or other fab work.

Scotty, shoot me a PM if you would be interested in doing some sliders.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Opening things up for 05+ I think you could get some good biz coming in more if you didnt have to have the trucks for more than a day or 2
Like BIGREDTOY said its hard when its your DD
True, but then again, its custom fabrication and takes time to do it right.

·
Registered
228 Posts
True done right is always better than half ass

·
Registered
228 Posts
That would depend on the size of that half ass

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Whattya mean "new"? I've been saying that for years now. :D

And that design is big ta-tas; me likey.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts