TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're starting this on Wednesday. Just prepping the install for now. I'll update as we work through the install on it.

Not sure if anyone else has started one with TG's kit yet or not, so we may be the first.

Specs:
98' 2.7L xtra cab Tacoma swap.
Front TG Rock Assault axle housing
TG Tacoma SAS Kit "A"
Rear kit.

We'll be using 4" F&R springs to clear 37x12.5x17 KM2s.

We're sticking with a single, stock case for now as well. HP front 3rd with Yukon Zip locker and 5.29s. Rear 8.4 with ARB and 5.29s.

·
20,355 Posts
Good to know for the future, any issues at all with them yet?

Cannt wait to see how that taco turns out. Dont recognize it though.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to know for the future, any issues at all with them yet?

Cannt wait to see how that taco turns out. Dont recognize it though.
None. They work. ARB tested one of the early non-hardened case ones in very early production. The case failed, but it was just a prototype unit. Yet, ARB pushes that test all over the internet.

ARB didn't renew patents on their early design air lockers. Yukon bought them before ARB realized what was up. So, the Yukon Zip locker is just a rebadged ARB.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Is this going to be a "for sale" turnkey rig or just something special you're doing, like a shop truck?

>>Dan

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is this going to be a "for sale" turnkey rig or just something special you're doing, like a shop truck?

>>Dan
Its for a customer. I built another 4runner for him a few years ago that he sold. So, he is doing this one now.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
How much for the front end parts? (cv's, hubs, and spindles) Very interested in them. Need spares for the upcoming AZ trip. I also desperately need a steering rack if its in good shape.

·
20,355 Posts
Nate, how do you know it is manual hub? Didnt see anything in the pics to say so but I may be blind.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How much for the front end parts? (cv's, hubs, and spindles) Very interested in them. Need spares for the upcoming AZ trip. I also desperately need a steering rack if its in good shape.
They are spoken for already. They will be going onto BigJohn's 4runner

·
20,355 Posts
missed the 4banger part.

Scotty you gonna be at the shop around lunch tommorrow?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts