TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This 4runner was shipped in from Phoenix, AZ for one of our full-turn key builds.

Specs:

61.25" wide Diamond axle
High pinion front 3rd. 5.29s, Yukon Zip Locker
30 spline Longfields

IFS Leaf sprung rear axle
5.29s, Yukon Zip Locker

Dual cases. 4.7 rear case

All-Pro Sliders
TG Rear bumper
Addicted Offroad Front bumper and frame reinforcement kit
4" IFS Elim kit
5" Rear kit
Long Travel shafts
35" Mickey Thompson MTZs on rockcrawler wheels

·
Registered
228 Posts
what does a job like that cost to have done ?

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Looking good Scott! Whats with the new colored armor look? that 1uz swapped truck in Toyota owner last issue had silver tube work too.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I never get tired of looking at the projects you roll out of your shop :xsmokin1:

I see my brother Jeep in this picture :D

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I never get tired of looking at the projects you roll out of your shop :xsmokin1:

I see my brother Jeep in this picture :D
Yeah, we finished it. Well, I "thought" we finished it :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,489 Posts

sorry for the threadjack: but whats with the bent shackles on that jeep? Do they somehow improve ride, flex, or something?

[end/threadjack]

yet another nice looking runner coming to fruition!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
The swing-down tire carrier looks killer Scotty, nice work! What's left to finish?

sorry for the threadjack: but whats with the bent shackles on that jeep? Do they somehow improve ride, flex, or something?

[end/threadjack]
They help clear his rear crossmember when fully drooped.

Basically the same thing as boomerang shackles in the front of Toyota's to help clear the body mount.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Really liking the tire carrier on the jeep! looks good...I think im too OCD for the wheel to face in tho lol

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The swing-down tire carrier looks killer Scotty, nice work! What's left to finish?
We forgot to rework his frame tie-ins for the cage. IMHO, he needs to ditch that cage and build a taller one. John literally had his head sticking out of the cage when he sat in it. :lmao:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
That is one clean 2nd gen. Sounds like it'll be a sick ride when it's done. 3.4 swap in future plans or do you know?

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Yes. It allows you to weld the bump stop extensions to the frame and not the springs. :D
Wise-ass... like I know anything about anything. :eek:

I usually see stops coming from the frame with the rubber side down so I was (naturally) confused.

·
7,735 Posts
why 61.25"? I saw this in your other thread and was curious why you chose that particular number. I know they can be custom width, but taco's are 60.75", lots go with 63", I think ruffstuff only makes 65"... the numbers seem kind of arbitrary.

EDIT: kind of sucks to hi-jack this thread with more questions about that jeep, but that tire carrier kicks ass. I've been planning almost exactly the same, I'll be talking to you about that soon.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
why 61.25"? I saw this in your other thread and was curious why you chose that particular number. I know they can be custom width, but taco's are 60.75", lots go with 63", I think ruffstuff only makes 65"... the numbers seem kind of arbitrary.

EDIT: kind of sucks to hi-jack this thread with more questions about that jeep, but that tire carrier kicks ass. I've been planning almost exactly the same, I'll be talking to you about that soon.
Based on Brian's research and real world measurements, the 61.25 is the actual Taco width up front.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts