TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing some searching, and it appears that there are several options on this front, but I had a specific question I didn't see answered. I'd rather stick with OEM, but the options on that seem to run at least $270. I found this on eBay last night... Any idea if it'll work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&item=7956674184&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

Oh, and this is my first post here. Just brought my 01 Tacoma home last night. She's a silver, V6, 4x4, Xtra-cab. Great site you guys have here, looking forward to a lot more posts. :)

·
Registered
530 Posts
i'm not 100% sure,but i think some of the 01 tacoma's took the old vip rs3000 alarm/keyless entry system..the link you have to ebay is a vip rs3200 system(i know these are on 02 through 04 models)..you might want to call your local dealer to find out for sure,so you don't wind up buying something you can use..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
tacoma2k said:
i'm not 100% sure,but i think some of the 01 tacoma's took the old vip rs3000 alarm/keyless entry system..the link you have to ebay is a vip rs3200 system(i know these are on 02 through 04 models)..you might want to call your local dealer to find out for sure,so you don't wind up buying something you can use..
Thanks, I was hoping someone would at least be able to ID that system. Looking at this page, I can see you're right... the 01s need the RS3000, while the newer ones use the RS3200/plus. It's looking like my best bet will be to go to a local car stereo shop... The most reputable one in town will install a keyless entry system for $140, I'm just a little uncomfortable having someone hacking on my new truck's wiring. :( Thanks for the info.

Oh, and I did call the dealer... They pretty much confirmed what the Brandsport page said.

·
Registered
530 Posts
if your looking for just keyless entry you can get some aftermarket ones from like JC Whitney or some place like them for around $30 to $40 and install it yourself(fairly easy,but the remotes look really cheesy)..you can also try looking around at your local junkyard for the factory system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts