TTORA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is in the wrong area.. not sure exactly where to post this.. I'm looking for the address for Toyota to write a complaint againt my dealership. Not sure if I'd get anywhere.. but I want to see what happens. If anyone has any info please let me know.

Thanks

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
tacoboost02 said:
Sorry if this is in the wrong area.. not sure exactly where to post this.. I'm looking for the address for Toyota to write a complaint againt my dealership. Not sure if I'd get anywhere.. but I want to see what happens. If anyone has any info please let me know.

Thanks
Call 1-800-GO-TOYOTA. Depending on where your dealerhsip is they will direct you to either TMS, SET or GST. Good Luck!

·
Registered
472 Posts
are you just calling to complain, or did they screw you on something that you want done correctly or to be compensated for?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To sum it up, it will be two years the middle of February since I purchased my truck. I had the Ivan Stewart TRD rims put on when I bought it and now the top layer of the rims are peeling off. The issue is that I have 59,000 miles on my truck because I commute 110 miles a day for work. They told me that they weren't sure how the warranty worked but they "think" it's 3 yr 36k. They said to swing it by and we'd look at it and then call TRD to see if there is anything they will do. So 5 days later (wednesday) I stopped by. The person I talked to came to look for literally two seconds and said, sorry, the warranty is 3yr/36k so we can't do anything.

My reply to her was "I understand how the warranty works.. but no one can tell me that these rims are suppose to peel off like this. Yes they have 59k miles on them BUT all they do is spin.. it's not mechanical or something that gets abuse. The truck could sit outside for the same amount of time with no miles.. basically there was no difference. I have never seen a pair of rims do this and I'm sure you haven't seen this issue before". In which she agreed that they shouldn't do it.. but.. there's nothing she can do.

I was so mad that she wasted my time and I truly feel that they should do something for me. I took pictures of them and posted them on my album. Click the link below, click on the pic to blow it up but be patient.. they are big files so they may take a second to load. Pay close attention to the rears.. All those spots are not dirt.. they are the top layer that came of the rims.. All 4 are like that.. My truck is in perfect condition.. I was it, wax it.. clean the rims.. shampoo the carpets.. I'm pretty anal when it comes to my truck and it sooo pisses me off that I spent all this money and they won't do a damn thing.

So I wrote a letter to the president of the dealership and mailing him a printout of the pictures.. I'm not counting on anything.. but we shall see.

Rims

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
Actually, the peeling clear coat is a well known issue with these. In fact, there is a dealership in NC many TTORA n00bs go to for the "cheap" IS rims, not realizing/caring they are getting the old ones. Your Parts Manager is step one, then the Dealerships Fixed Operations Director (if there is one, or the Service Manager otherwise), then the General Manager. At the same time you contact the General Manager you need to have the FOD/SM call his Toyota district Parts Rep while you are there & schedule an appointment for all of you in person. Because it's TRD, everyone will be reluctant to deal with it. Be polite but firm. It should not really have to go that far, but it might.
Sorry to say, but a letter probably won't help (but it can't hurt) if they are assholes. But it will give you a valuable paper trail documenting your attempts for satisfaction.
Use the Toyota number also. Like I said, this was a well known issue for these, so there is no excuse- miles are a technicality they are hiding behind because they do not understand the issue. Good Luck!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chris,

Is there any info about this on the net or other forums that you are aware of? I'd love to get more documentation on this being a "known issue" as you say.

Another thing that makes me angry is that I have my original rims sitting in my house. If I knew this was an issue, I'd swap them out for the winter use.. From what my neighbor said.. it looks like it is caused by salt from the Winters.. not sure how true that is.

Thanks

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
tacoboost02 said:
Chris,

Is there any info about this on the net or other forums that you are aware of? I'd love to get more documentation on this being a "known issue" as you say.

Another thing that makes me angry is that I have my original rims sitting in my house. If I knew this was an issue, I'd swap them out for the winter use.. From what my neighbor said.. it looks like it is caused by salt from the Winters.. not sure how true that is.

Thanks
I personally haven't seen any, but I've only been in Florida & Texas. I have heard plenty about it though.. in fact you may want to search the old NB, CT & TS.

I believe they were produced for TRD by Niche Alloy (www.nichealloy.com) based on thier 'Throttle' wheel. There is no documentation I can find, it is just commonly known that the early series of wheel had clearcoat issues, which winter driving only compunds. You may want to contact Niche & see if there is any basis to this.

If worse comes to worse & they say your wheels were improperly cared for and refuse to do anything you can get them stripped & re-cleared... but if you work your way through the process you will increase your chances of satisfaction.

Remember, if they believe they can file a warranty claim and successfully recover the claim they will do it, so it may not be as simple as the dealership being difficult... they may have already had experiences trying to unsuccessfully trying to warranty these through TRD and therefore know the answer they are gonna get already. Doesn't make it right, just may be the way it is.

Press on & good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts