TTORA Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Couple more pics

I tried hard to keep the beadlock rings out of the rocks but even so they got a few good scars. I was kind of expecting this so I can still get a good deal through raceline I may go ahead and switch over to the polished ring so I don't have to worry about rust and touchup after every trip out.

Photoshop to give an idea of what It would look like but probably not quite as shinny

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
The polished would look killer, but if they're going to stick you with the bill, I'm not sure I could stomach that :(

Also, thanks for the pics! Looks like ya'll had a good time at Byrd's!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Talked to Raceline and they said they'd still give them to me at cost. I'll place my order tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Glad to see you getting the 4runner off the pavement. It looks great. Makes me miss my 3rd gen a little..

Where are those creek pictures from? They don't look like anything on Byrd's property that I can remember.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
How well did the KM2s work on your trip?
They were great. It was very wet making the rocks slick and everything else muddy. But they hooked up great and I was very pleased. By far my favorite On/Off road tire that I've run.

Glad to see you getting the 4runner off the pavement. It looks great. Makes me miss my 3rd gen a little..

Where are those creek pictures from? They don't look like anything on Byrd's property that I can remember.
Thanks Aaron! I believe it's called herrods creek not really on Byrds land. It's a very long trail accessed over by the hill climbs. Not anything technical but some good scenery and some fun little things to play on. There are several others like it if I recall correctly.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Took a trip to Devils Den state park and found a few moderate trails. Then we found what wasn't actually a trail but a pretty fun dry creek bed perfect for some more technical stuff.

And then the creek bed

·
Registered
366 Posts
Thanks for the pics! I like the third gen black 4Runner posse that has developed in NWA :cool:
I got to agree w Jordon7118 on this one. You 4Runners dudes are getting the build-up thing right.
Question 1. Like the IFS w/ bigger rubber thing, ya'll upgrading the axles? to . . .what?
Question 2. Isn't it about the same stuff under the Taco's and FJC's ?

I ask because I have a 14.5 year old that's pointing at every 4Runner, Taco, and FJC that's sitting on any used car lot. . ..

oh boy . . . just can't wait until Colton is driving "legally"

·
Registered
75 Posts
I got to agree w Jordon7118 on this one. You 4Runners dudes are getting the build-up thing right.
Question 1. Like the IFS w/ bigger rubber thing, ya'll upgrading the axles? to . . .what?

I ask because I have a 14.5 year old that's pointing at every 4Runner, Taco, and FJC that's sitting on any used car lot. . ..

not sure about Anthony but I am scared of my IFS blowing up every time I go out.(already building a D44 to do a SAS) It works pretty well and the pro of no front diff to get hung on is nice, but if you put a locker in it with 35 you are asking to break stuff if you get in the gas at all. I am running stock CV axles and rear axle. and have only broke one CV so far but have been easy on it.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #73

Thanks for the complements

Still running stock CV axles. it's always an option to step up to Lotus axles but at $500 a peace and no real warranty I can't see it ever being in the cards for me. http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=59005&category_id=125&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=72

Yeah for the most part the Taco and FJ are the same if not very similar. For more info on that you'd just have to search and see what you could find.

Like Steven said the IFS front isn't really made for 35's yet alone lockers and 35's but the week link is the CV axles. I'm not saying you can't or won't blow up a front end but it's a fairly rare problem because the CV's break long before your able to cause damage to the diff.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Blacked out my corner lights/blinkers

Got my 20" LED bar and 3" light pods installed

And relocated my TRAC off switch in order to make room for my light bar rocker switch in the dash

61 - 75 of 75 Posts
About this Discussion
74 Replies
7 Participants
Jordan7118
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing