TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to adjust the donohoe coilovers while they are installed? I've got the spanner wrench they gave me.

Getting ready to do them up right tonight.

Sam

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,421 Posts
Yup, thats how I adjusted mine. Basically you just jack up the front end and get the tires off the ground then adjust. Dont forget to loosen the allen screw.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Wouldn't hurt to spray some PB around the collar ahead of time.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I have had these in the box for over a year now,have been putting things in wrong priority I guess.

Sam

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
X2 showstop: Also, don't forget to put some anti sieze on the set screw before you put it in, so it doesn't sieze up on you. That salt air in Virginia beach will corrode that puppy in no time, plus the aluminum VS steel galvanic corrosion will get you.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
I had to use the dowell at the end of the handle when I did mine. I couldn't get the dowell on the curved head as I would hit the spindle without getting enough room to even turn it. I used the handle side and it worked, 1/4 turn at a time.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Large diameter phillips screwdriver works great too. That tool that hoe gives you is easy to bend.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they turned stiffly but not enough to bend it.Yeah the spindle hits and you got to spin the tool to the end to get more and repeat. Gonna put some antisieze on the set screw tomorrow after i keep trimming and get an alignment. I went with 285/75 toyot mt,deaver 9, regular hoes to max almost,and hoe shocks. Just gotta get an extentedBPV bracket on it and some other things.

Looks nice

Sam

1 - 8 of 8 Posts