TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen on Raven offroad that they adopted the crushers trail. Since alot of trails at browns camp seem to be closing or closed a majority of the year. anyone know how to adopt a trail? Just thought it would be a good idea if OTTORA adopted a trail to help keep clean so people can see wheelers are not just out there tearing up the land.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the link. I would like to get people to post up on this thread if they would be interested in helping with cleanup runs. To see if it is worth OTTORA adopting a trail.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Thats a great idea. Finding man power to do trail maintanence and stuff might be a problem though. Find out some more details though. I'd like to know what all they would expect of us before we just jump into it. Would be nice to show people that we're serious about keeping trails open and helping out where we can.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Thats a great idea. Finding man power to do trail maintanence and stuff might be a problem though. Find out some more details though. I'd like to know what all they would expect of us before we just jump into it. Would be nice to show people that we're serious about keeping trails open and helping out where we can.
I would help when I can.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I would help when I can.
x2, since I am stuck on nights/weekends, would need some pretty good advance notice to try to get the vacation time. But feel it is worth the time to help with some trail maintanance and then get to enjoy it..
I had belonged to a TLCA chapter in Anchorage...the LC's all loved my '84 truck so they did not have to get their interior dirty:rolleyes: on the clean up runs..
We did a preseason clean up and than another one after labor day weekend. Amazing at some of the crap you find.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Il give yall a hand when the chance comes up. Which actually should really be soon too.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I just wanted to mention that my neighbor is a ranger for the State Forest. His name is Andrew. Maybe I could talk to him about adopting a trail or needed trail maintenance.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

yea just wanting to see if very many would be interested before getting too into it

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am also up for this with enough warning. Heck one way to do it is to just take the time when we would normally go to stop and pick up trash that we see. Rather than just driving by it like I know many of us can do sometimes.

Calvin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts