TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any tips?

It was cold, and I started her up and took off. I'm almost at 62,000 mi and there was this loud pop, I instantly lost power and she started missing bad. As I limped down the road to the garage, it randomly popped on the right side of the motor.

When inspecting the plugs, one of them was burn't. Ran a compression test on that cylinder and it was at 120lbs psi. It should be at 178 psi.

When I pulled the exhaust manifold, there was a kinda burnt spot on the collector attaching to the bottom of it.

But I didn't find any coolant in the oil or vice-versa, which I've heard is a tell-tale sign of a blown head gasket.

Everything is pulled of the top of the motor, the valve cover and the head are the only thing left. I plan on jerking the head after work.

Should I pull the head, or could it be something else?

·
Registered
436 Posts
johndeesmith said:
Any tips?

It was cold, and I started her up and took off. I'm almost at 62,000 mi and there was this loud pop, I instantly lost power and she started missing bad. As I limped down the road to the garage, it randomly popped on the right side of the motor.

When inspecting the plugs, one of them was burn't. Ran a compression test on that cylinder and it was at 120lbs psi. It should be at 178 psi.

When I pulled the exhaust manifold, there was a kinda burnt spot on the collector attaching to the bottom of it.

But I didn't find any coolant in the oil or vice-versa, which I've heard is a tell-tale sign of a blown head gasket.

Everything is pulled of the top of the motor, the valve cover and the head are the only thing left. I plan on jerking the head after work.

Should I pull the head, or could it be something else?

did u have any smoke or steam come out your tailpipe? every head gasket i ever seen blown either had definitive oil/antifreeze leakage or steam from antifreeze/ smoke from oil coming out the tailpipe or all of the above...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts