TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Best way to achieve 11-12" lift after a 6" susp. and 3" body

Hey Guys,
I recently purchased a 1999 Tacoma (my first yota), and plan on a 6" suspension lift from Fabtech, along with a PA 3" body lift. I am however looking to achieve 11-12" of lift total. I have always been a Ford guy, and have done quite a few lifts in the past (mostly simple solid axle installs) I see alot of people run a set of coilovers up front to achieve another 3" of lift----problem is, they never list if they used blocks, springs or shackles to even it out in the rear....what is most common? Is there any companies that make custom lifts over 6" for tacomas? Thanks guys!
-Drew

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Why would you want to go that tall?? You will need some serious gears to turn whatever you run with that much lift... but anywho..

You will have about 8-9" of Suspension lift... you can run any combo of spring, shackle, or block... Personally I dont like blocks, and shackles only to match the spring.. Call Alcan and have some custom rear springs made that will equal 8-9" with shackles... then in combo with a 6" and either spacers or coil-overs you will get 8-9" suspension and the 3" from your BL...

There are several people with that setup... HUGE trucks for IFS... CV's will wear quick... but thats part of the game..

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
damn thats too much lift, just go buy a monster truck... 6" can get you through just about anything you want. If you want to go bigger just SAS it andnot waist your $ on 12" of bs that will wear your truck out like a rag doll

·
Registered
427 Posts
id go trailmaster 6 inch with SAWs and a 3 inch body and go with like posted above custom alcan leaves or you could check out the whiplash suspensionthat like 12 or 14" or something i dont know but iwould never get in a truck with a whiplash suspension to many horror stories about them well good luck

·
Registered
411 Posts
my truck has served me just fine rides smooth and does just great off road but i'm sure the 5.29's and lockers help.
Oh i think my truck looks good
[/IMG] [

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Um, first off, 11-12" isnt that high to be honest-----its a 6" suspension 3" body and some spacers.--I'm only going to run 35"s. You guys act like i want a custom 4 link, with airbags. damn. All i asked is, with a 6" suspension and 3" body lift -----what is THE BEST way to achieve another 3" and keep the truck nice and level????

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what im trying to say is........i know I'll have 9" of lift................what companys sell coilovers that i can add to a fabtech kit that will raise the front another 2-3" saftely. Once i do that, should i go all spring in the back, new blocks, or shackles? (keep in mind the fabtech kit comes with springs and i dont want to buy new springs and throw those away) And who would make a shackle kit that will match the coilovers in front?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
6" lift trail master or fabtech
back--custom leaf springs 6"s deavers or allpro(could get shakels if you wanted either)
front--coilovers saw's or something along those lines
that right there will give you a good solid 6"
3" rb body lift
that = 9"

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im sorry if am confusing people but thats not my question. i know i will have a 6" fabtech kit, and a 3" body lift. =9" of lift. I want 11-12"
My question is: How what is the best way to achieve another 2-3" on top of that in both the front and the back, and have the truck sit nice and level. Im not going to order new springs in back, because the fabtech kit comes with springs.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Outlanbfd said:
Hey Guys,
I recently purchased a 1999 Tacoma (my first yota), and plan on a 6" suspension lift from Fabtech, along with a PA 3" body lift. I am however looking to achieve 11-12" of lift total. I have always been a Ford guy, and have done quite a few lifts in the past (mostly simple solid axle installs) I see alot of people run a set of coilovers up front to achieve another 3" of lift----problem is, they never list if they used blocks, springs or shackles to even it out in the rear....what is most common? Is there any companies that make custom lifts over 6" for tacomas? Thanks guys!
-Drew
\

if your going to spend that kid of money just go SAS and call up Deaver to make some custom leafs.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I am surprised no one asked where he was from :confused: . Being that I live in Hawaii I see a lot of lifts that are combined. If you go with the 6" fabtech then you add spacers or adjustable coilovers your just asking for some steep angles for your CV's even if you have manual hubs, because the lift only drop the diff 4 out of the 6 inches of lift. The trail master will work to get 12" of lift but the kit doesn't seem as strong. The Tuff Country 5" lift seems a bit more durable with the heavy duty spindles and subframe. But I think the lift is based on trucks with ABS and ADD hubs. If I was more familiar with it I could shed some light on it.

Shoots den

·
Registered
401 Posts
Not to dissuade you but theres a guy I know that has 12 inches of total lift on a 99 Tacoma and he breaks something about every 5k miles. He also is rattling his truck to peices literally with huge tires under it. He does have 5.29 gears though. I would just do 6 tops unless your just going to use it as a show truck and rarely if ever ride on trails. Remember that fabtech lifts are known to break ball joints so just keep this in mind.

You can just order the front of the fabtech kit and order the back from Deaver. put a procomp 4'' block lift on it and you will get 10'' total lift which is enough for 40''s

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
damn...what a time for Robert's site to be gone...shoulda downloaded some of his pics

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Hawaii explains it all. Get a 12" Body lift. You'll have to have it custom made but they are the best. Especially for articulation. :deadhors:

Tim

1 - 20 of 72 Posts