TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy an aftermarket towing hitch for my truck ('04 XCab, 4WD). Any suggestions on what's a good choice for this? I'm not expecting a whole lot of towing, but I'd like to have the hitch just in case the need to haul arises. I've heard that U-Haul makes some pretty solid ones, any thoughts on those? I'm looking for something relatively basic (Class 3, of course), and something reasonably priced.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Ive got a Uhaul hitch and it has worked for 5 years without a single problem. They have the tube type one that is tucked in behind the factory bumper and all that is really visible is the receiver tube.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just installed a Hidden Hitch on an 02 - just 4 bolts. Etrailer.com carries several brands, and has pictures and install instructions. I liked the Hidden Hitch as I didn't have to remove bumper.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Mine is a Reese from Pep Boys on a 2004 Taco. Easy install; only the square tube is visible. I also got the wiring kit from Pep Boys that plugs into your existing connectors so there is no splicing.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Go with the Uhaul Hitch. It is a round tube hitch and it is hidden by the bumper. I think it is made by valley industries

1 - 5 of 5 Posts