TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
the stock toyota seat belt restraints are fine i am sure in a crash on the road but they plain suck off road.... always the shoulder strap ratcheting you tighter into your seat so most of us end up putting it behind the seat and using just the lap portion. I am interested in getting an aftermarket lap belt restraint similar to what people use in competitions...minus the harness that goes over the shoulder....just the lap part would suffice for me... i have subaru seats so i might have to get creative on the mounting unless they mount traditionally. I am looking for more info on mounting and what brands to look at that are quality and priced competively..basically a noobie question for me in this field......

thanks in advance

:xbeer3: :xbeer3: :cool:

·
Dean
2,585 Posts
YUNADERIS said:
the stock toyota seat belt restraints are fine i am sure in a crash on the road but they plain suck off road.... always the shoulder strap ratcheting you tighter into your seat so most of us end up putting it behing the seat and using just the lap portion. I am interested in getting an aftermarket lap belt restraint similar to what people use in competitions...minus the harness that goes over the shoulder....just the lap part would suffice for me... i have subaru seats so i might have to get creative on the mounting unless they mount traditionally. I am looking for more info on mounting and what brands to look at that are quality and priced competively..basically a noobie question for me in this field......

thanks in advance

you will of the die if you do it!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm running RJS 5 point harnesses in the zuk. Most of the time I just drive with only the lap belt in use.

I would just go with a 5 point harness and just run the lap if that's all you want to typically use. This way you can always run the shoulders and submarine portion if you want to.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
YUNADERIS said:
the stock toyota seat belt restraints are fine i am sure in a crash on the road but they plain suck off road.... always the shoulder strap ratcheting you tighter into your seat so most of us end up putting it behind the seat and using just the lap portion. I am interested in getting an aftermarket lap belt restraint similar to what people use in competitions...minus the harness that goes over the shoulder....just the lap part would suffice for me... i have subaru seats so i might have to get creative on the mounting unless they mount traditionally. I am looking for more info on mounting and what brands to look at that are quality and priced competively..basically a noobie question for me in this field......

thanks in advance

I've been looking at wescoperformance ones. I want the 2" lap belt with removeable sholder harness. do a google search for 2 or 3" lapbelts. they're under yahoo. ~$60.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
M.martian said:
I'm running RJS 5 point harnesses in the zuk. Most of the time I just drive with only the lap belt in use.

I would just go with a 5 point harness and just run the lap if that's all you want to typically use. This way you can always run the shoulders and submarine portion if you want to.

i need to find a way to mount them if i go with the harness and an interior cage is not in the near future for my truck. I am definately going with the lap belt as it just makes sense for the wheeling I do and is not an expensive thing to do, especially for safety

·
Registered
29 Posts
YUNADERIS said:
i need to find a way to mount them if i go with the harness and an interior cage is not in the near future for my truck. I am definately going with the lap belt as it just makes sense for the wheeling I do and is not an expensive thing to do, especially for safety
No cage? With the way you drive? :eek: j/k

I know you were just looking for a lap belt, but it's worth picking up the harness since you can install just the lap, or any additional part of it. Then if you add an internal cage later down the road you will already have the rest of the harness.

For brands, RJS and Simpson are some of the more popular ones. The Simpson is definately one of the hi-end setups to go with. RJS is more of an economy setup. Strong and safe, but not as convenient of a latching setup. A lot of the price difference comes in due to the latching system.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
YUNADERIS said:
Try crow or deist. Both produce high quality belts, dont use a 5 point unless you have a cage, also be aware that anything you get seat belt wise will not be DOT approved, which means run your stock seat belts on the street. You cna bolt these to the floor, however a cage is the correct way to do this.

·
Dean
2,585 Posts
YUNADERIS said:

thanks in advance

now you got me thinking.....damn I like that Idea. I will get a black belt so your red one wont look like a "we" thing....I will get one for the passenger 2.
thanks man for making me spend more $'s...LOL :)

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
tacodab said:
I am installing my arb switch and stuff tonight also packing for the trip to the sparks of the NV for the x-mas weeeeeeeeee!:xpimp: :xcrazy:

say hi to the original members of the and then for the of being the squirrel with an "E" ....

shall i go to marlins? the minions command a certain amount of certainty
:cool:

·
Dean
2,585 Posts
YUNADERIS said:
say hi to the original members of the and then for the of being the squirrel with an "E" ....

shall i go to marlins? the minions command a certain amount of certainty
:cool:
i will and the stuff for you of the hi and mas of the x I will.

no need it was sent today from the man. i will of the send the others back soon. I thank you for your efforts and squirrel and stuff.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts