TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I could find some polished aftermarket locking hubs? I have checked out milemarker and warn... I'm not extremley impressed with either, nor could I find any that fit tacos? Any suggestions? I'm merley looking for something that will match my polished aluminum wheels (instead of this black plastic ring, and grey metal):(

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
HoT_DoGgIN said:
Anyone know where I could find some polished aftermarket locking hubs? I have checked out milemarker and warn... I'm not extremley impressed with either, nor could I find any that fit tacos? Any suggestions? I'm merley looking for something that will match my polished aluminum wheels (instead of this black plastic ring, and grey metal):(
- FYI - the black ring ( outer cover/dial )of the Aisin Hubs is not plastic but aluminum- - You could easily remove the cover and repaint or powder coat to whatever color you want-

It would also give you a good excuse to clean, regrease , replace O-rings on your existing hubs. Just be careful when separating the dial from the cover - there is a tiny little ball detent & spring

I would not replace my Aisin hubs with Warn or any other brand hub

·
Registered
30 Posts
I know this is an old post, but just wondering, why wouldn't you replace with warn hubs? I contemplating doing just that, just wondering why you're against it.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
A reason i'd stick w/the aisins is they are extremely easy to take apart and rebuild etc. and they seem to be pretty strong for factory hubs. I have yet to blow a hub. I've lost cv shafts w/o losing hubs.

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,485 Posts
Jbird2200 said:
I know this is an old post, but just wondering, why wouldn't you replace with warn hubs? I contemplating doing just that, just wondering why you're against it.
Warn is a good name in winches, but not so much in hubs.

·
Premium Member
8,407 Posts
Jbird2200 said:
Our factory hubs (AISIN) are some of, if not the best made.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts