TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know anything about recovering a vehicle and I have a problem right as I type. My dumbass city didnt plow for a whole two days and they finally did so I have a 2.5 foot mound of snow in my driveway. My wife thought she could get over it with her ford focus. So I am trapped in front of her with the tacoma and the focus is trapped on the mound halfway into the street.

Is there any anyway to put some kind of strap on the focus to pull it back into the drive? Where could you put a strap onto the front of a front wheel drive car with a unibody?

THanks

·
Registered
279 Posts
There should be some recovery points underneath the Focus. If not,connect to the suspension parts and pull gently. It shouldn't take much to get the focus off a mound of snow.

TuRD03 said:
I dont know anything about recovering a vehicle and I have a problem right as I type. My dumbass city didnt plow for a whole two days and they finally did so I have a 2.5 foot mound of snow in my driveway. My wife thought she could get over it with her ford focus. So I am trapped in front of her with the tacoma and the focus is trapped on the mound halfway into the street.

Is there any anyway to put some kind of strap on the focus to pull it back into the drive? Where could you put a strap onto the front of a front wheel drive car with a unibody?

THanks

·
norcal n00b
802 Posts
TuRD03 said:

THanks
There should be some point(s) under the front/rear bumper, like a hook or something. We rented a Focus a while back, and I'm pretty sure it had some points like that.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Every car made has tie down points for rail/truck transport. Take your time and carefully look underneath for these. Use a slip hook on a chain into that. Might want to get a thick rag or old blanket, and put between the body and chain to avoid damage.

Slow and easy is the method you want to use. Winch would be the very best way. Be careful and make sure of your pull point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts