TTORA Forum banner

Ahhh Eureka

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Changeling 
#1 ·
Posted earlier in wrong forum, sorry to inconvienance the "late" model guys with my ignorance.

Finally after months the hesitation, skips, and misses the problem is solved. My 98 2.7 would act like it was cutting out in the middle of a gear, any gear. As long as you were accelerating it was fine and it idled just fine. After changing the wires, plugs, fuel filter, playing with every vacume line, O2 sensors etc. I finally got a CEL. Previous trips to checks codes never revieled any. This time it showed TPS and 54 bucks later problem is solved and runs like a champ. Thanks for all the suggestions from earlier posts. :D

#2 ·
kjwrad said:
Posted earlier in wrong forum, sorry to inconvienance the "late" model guys with my ignorance.

Finally after months the hesitation, skips, and misses the problem is solved. My 98 2.7 would act like it was cutting out in the middle of a gear, any gear. As long as you were accelerating it was fine and it idled just fine. After changing the wires, plugs, fuel filter, playing with every vacume line, O2 sensors etc. I finally got a CEL. Previous trips to checks codes never revieled any. This time it showed TPS and 54 bucks later problem is solved and runs like a champ. Thanks for all the suggestions from earlier posts. :D
Anytime that dam little lite comes on go by an "AutoZone" they check and give you the code numbers for free.
Changeling

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.