TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iight guys i've searched around on a couple forums and cna't find it, alls i need to know is if a t100 cv boot (inner and outer) will fit on the 95 tacoma axel shafts . . . . . . . .

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
95tojo said:
iight guys i've searched around on a couple forums and cna't find it, alls i need to know is if a t100 cv boot (inner and outer) will fit on the 95 tacoma axel shafts . . . . . . . .
no

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so in other words, i go buy the stock ones again and they tear the next time i go out on a trip ? or does someone make longer ones ?

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
95tojo said:
so in other words, i go buy the stock ones again and they tear the next time i go out on a trip ? or does someone make longer ones ?
Downey and CV unlimited make boots that tend to flex better, I have them on my truck, no issues.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
95tojo said:
same here with the CVU boots. a better design. you can't get them longer...well, you can from ORS but they are a pain...

CVU has a good design that allows the fins to be right together but not pressed so tight that the wear grooves in each other. the fins wind up going flat-to-flat or surface to surface rather than how the OE boot lets one edge dig a groove into it's partners face ;)

you can get them as a inner/outer kit including grease and clamps for $50/axle or just get the inners...don't know the price so call George and find out. tell him you got the tip from ttora ;)

http://www.cvunlimited.com/

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hytenor said:
same here with the CVU boots. a better design. you can't get them longer...well, you can from ORS but they are a pain...

CVU has a good design that allows the fins to be right together but not pressed so tight that the wear grooves in each other. the fins wind up going flat-to-flat or surface to surface rather than how the OE boot lets one edge dig a groove into it's partners face ;)

you can get them as a inner/outer kit including grease and clamps for $50/axle or just get the inners...don't know the price so call George and find out. tell him you got the tip from ttora ;)

http://www.cvunlimited.com/
thanks a bunch guys will do ! now i get to look forward to doing the install, just tryin to fix up the truck and this is my 2nd to last project before she goes up for sale beside paintin the rear end :(

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
95tojo said:
thanks a bunch guys will do ! now i get to look forward to doing the install, just tryin to fix up the truck and this is my 2nd to last project before she goes up for sale beside paintin the rear end :(
changing inner boots is pretty easy...just messy. changing the outers is a pain.

this is the main reason you see it suggested that just swapping the entire axle for a new rebuilt unit is better in the long run. most places have a lifetime warranty on them so if you tear a boot...get a new axle. ;)

CVU also has remans and if you request their hi-angle boots for lifted trucks that's what you'll get.:) and, their prices are not much higher than the local parts house. shipping can be pricy depending on how far away from them (east coast) you are.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
hytenor said:
changing inner boots is pretty easy...just messy. changing the inners is a pain.
:rolleyes: Let's rety this one.... :dualing:

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
hytenor said:
this is the main reason you see it suggested that just swapping the entire axle for a new rebuilt unit is better in the long run. most places have a lifetime warranty on them so if you tear a boot...get a new axle. ;)
good point. it makes perfect sense. I might go that route too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
4 Participants
ben90
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing