TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dunno if any one else has run into this, but finally discovered how to re aim the headlights on my '05. Truck sits kind of low in the back due to the weight of the canopy, winter weights and misc crap so was getting flashed everyonce in awhile since the lights were up a bit. Hopefully new springs will be forthcoming(3-4 mos) to help alleviate the weak ass stock TRD springs Owner's manual was worthless, call to the service dept, got "I am not sure, I will have someone call you back," no answer after several days. Finally took a closer look and found a nut with a gear type thing on it. Who ever designed the front end access must never have had to adjust a headlight. There is not squat for room to get a hand down there to give that little 8mm screws a twist. It is a tight fit between the battery and the washer reservoir. It is a pain in the a$$ just to find the dang screw.... :rolleyes: Oh well, problem solved, thought it might help someone else down the road...

·
Registered
583 Posts
It's easier to do than that. See those teeth on that wheel, which looks like a gear? That is made to mesh with a #2 phillips bit. Use a drill for some fast adjustment, or do it by hand with a phillips screw driver.

Here's plenty of info and pics on how to adjust your lights properly. http://www.markass.com/toyotanation/...djuustment.pdf

;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I figured that out after I put my new bulbs in upsite down-- readjusted- then figured out my mistake. took another hour to figure out the #2 phillips.

·
Registered
750 Posts
This thread helped me out after I did my black headlight mod - popped one bulb back in upside down and couldn't figure out why I had no driver side light.

After staring at my bulbs for a while I realized (through stary eyes...) that one came out of the top of my light assembly, the other, through the bottom.

I then fought with the bulb and finally managed to get it into the assembly with the proper orientation (bottom.) At this point my headlight was hitting the ground 2 feet in front of the truck (as the stealership and I both tried adjusting it down when it was upside down) so another hour was spent adjusting upwards.

Gonna have to try the #2 philips trick - I am S - M - R - T so I did it by hand...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
City_Rider
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing