TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 8 years ago I bought some air adjustable shocks for about 50$ from autozone or something for an old truck I had. They worked pretty good for what they were.

Does anybody know of any more "high end" air adjustable shocks on the market? For the rear of the taco... Looking to spend 150$ to 200$

LOL,
I said rear of taco :)

·
Registered
469 Posts
I remember using those a long time ago (Back when it was cool to raise the back of your Camaro :). I don't think he means the Rancho type shocks, these have height adjustment via air - if he's talking about the ones I'm thinking about.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jamier2 said:
I remember using those a long time ago (Back when it was cool to raise the back of your Camaro :). I don't think he means the Rancho type shocks, these have height adjustment via air - if he's talking about the ones I'm thinking about.

Yeah those are the ones... anybody do the airbag setup in the back? or does it not lend itself to wheeling?

·
Registered
297 Posts
I am sure for wheeling they suck, however for keeping the back level under heavy load/tongue weight, they would be great. There are some that can just be deflated when not in use, and you may be able to get by offroad with them like that, but I really havent seen a setup on a tacoma close enough to see if they would limit articulation when deflated.
-Scott

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
mayhem said:
About 8 years ago I bought some air adjustable shocks for about 50$ from autozone or something for an old truck I had. They worked pretty good for what they were.

Does anybody know of any more "high end" air adjustable shocks on the market? For the rear of the taco... Looking to spend 150$ to 200$

LOL,
I said rear of taco :)

air shocks and airbag systems just don't work will with the taco and offroading as they tend to severely limit flex.
If you just need to haul more weight every now and then they can be nice as you just pump them up when needed and then bleed them off afterwards.

If you just want some adjustable rear shocks look into the Rancho 9000s

·
Registered
104 Posts
Pep Boys, is where my father bought his I think they were Ranchos?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I bought my truck used & it came with a rear air bag setup. Its pretty sweet for leveling out the height of your truck. Mine have two spearate stems up at the lic. plate where you add air.

·
Old Timer
266 Posts
mayhem said:
Yeah those are the ones... anybody do the airbag setup in the back? or does it not lend itself to wheeling?

A freind of mine had them in the rear of a older Toyota. Worked great on road, only took a couple of off road trip to tear them up.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
8 Participants
TQM3 (Last IFS in AZ)
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing