TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned my 02 tacoma since new, no accidents. Today I parked to pick up my son after work, didnt even get out. Started the truck and the airbag light came on and stayed on. I'm not sure where to start as far as diognosing and fixing.

I did a little Google searching and found some people saying clock spring, although my horn, turn signals are still functioning like normal. One guy said the seat belt plug under the seat was not reconnected after seats were removed. I'm not sure what year taco that was, but my dog ate through those wires 10 years ago, never had the light on until today.

Anyways, wanted to see if anyone else has any ideas where to start looking.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not much help but when I leave my bluetooth OBDII reader plugged in on a start, the airbag light would turn on and stay on until I unplug it.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My scangauge2 does something similar, under certain cercumstances but it's the abs light that stays on in that case.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was able to find info on how to jump 2 pins on the diagnostic port and got 2 srs system codes. Now the problem is finding a list of these codes. Anyone know where to find a list of srs trouble codes for a 2002 tacoma??

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nevermind, found a list from customtacos. One code is a "airbag sensor assembly malfunction", the other says"short in P squib cercuit (to B+)" with a few different possible causes. Hmm, that second one is probably because I have the passenger airbag switched off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts