TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i searched dident find anything. anyway i kinda sunk my truck the other day airbox was full of water. no engine problems thank god. but the only problem is the airbag light is on now. i tried to turn on and off the pasanger side airbag. nothing happend. i disconected the battery. nothing.. im thinking the sensor is just wet still. i looked at the fsm. and they way the sensor is located it had to be wet because it is mounted below the air box... any one run into this before?

·
---------------
3,569 Posts
Had a similar experience with the AirBag light, without the water though. Check the connections behind the dash where the airbag light/switch is located. I found that one of my connections was loose and just needed to be tightened up.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I have had this issue as well, and also with no water. Mine is still on to this day and it happened when I got my stereo installed. I have had it fixed since and it just keeps on coming back. I have heard about a very sensitive switch behind the dash so check that out. let me know if you find anything that would be a simple fix.

·
---------------
3,569 Posts
Iggy said:
where behind the dash are they?
Behind the dash where the AirBag switch is located- the one you can put your key in to turn the passenger airbag off/on, just to the side of the A/C vents. Assuming you don't have a newer Tacoma.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Iggy said:
ok i disconected the front sensor and reconected it the sensor by airbox nothing
Try the other side too (there's one on each side). On my 2001 Taco there is a main airbag computer right behind the extra cig lighter outlets (center of lower dash).

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Maybe a OBDII code reader will show the trouble code?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
4 Participants
mt_goat
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing