TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since i've never popped an air bag in my Tacoma, it obviously takes a helluva lot to blow an air bag in one. I've thought of disconnecting mine to prevent a surprise should i take an unexpected jolt when 'wheeling, but i dont wanna lose the extra protection should I roll it or take a hit on the road. Anyone know what the sensors do or do not react to, or any other useful info or experiences? Thanks in advance, Jason

·
Registered
135 Posts
and to add to that, is there some way you could wire in a switch so you could turn them off when wheeling (kinda like the locks they have for pass. side airbags in some vehicles for when carseats are used.)

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
YotaAddict said:
Since i've never popped an air bag in my Tacoma, it obviously takes a helluva lot to blow an air bag in one. I've thought of disconnecting mine to prevent a surprise should i take an unexpected jolt when 'wheeling, but i dont wanna lose the extra protection should I roll it or take a hit on the road. Anyone know what the sensors do or do not react to, or any other useful info or experiences? Thanks in advance, Jason
Dont worry about them, i used to get alot of movement when offroading (i run in the desert so its fast and rough) I never had an airbag go off. Ive hit pretty dam hard some times.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts