TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched first but im still a little confused. Im in the process of purchasing a tundra with front spacers and firestone airbags in the rear. (stock leaf springs in rear). I know i can air them down to about 5 psi and they will allow some travel but has anybody ever taken bags off road. not crawling or extreme wheelin just mud holes and woods? how did they react? thanks

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
they will limit your travel quite a bit....

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
limit travel, how so ? i am planning on putting air lift helperbags on my taco for towing my toy trailer , but hoped that when the bags are aired down i could still do some pretty hard wheeling

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
They dont have the range of travel the your shocks (what limits travel now) does.. so when you droop the airbag will get fully streached sooner than the shock, hence you loose droop... When they are aired down they will not affect how it travels, just how far

I too have been looking at airbags for when I get my new taco... trying to decide on custom 1" AAL, or airbags... going to wait and see how it holds all my camping gear, my trailer tounge weight is only 90lbs so not as issue...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
ah64id
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing