TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about getting a K&N FIPK, but I was looking at the performance chart and it looks like there isn't much HP difference from OE, at least not until you get into the 4000 RPM range. I was wondering if anyone has any good, bad or indifferent input on this.

Also, wanted to see if anyone has an opinion in terms of K&N vs.Truflow??

FYI, I have the 4cyl 2.7L.

Thanks a bunch!!

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
The general consensus is that the FIPKs are a waste of money. Another issue is with K&N drop-in filters. People say the oil gets through and kills the MAF. I personally never had an issue with it for the year and a half I ran the drop-in, but I decided to go back to a Toyota paper filter instead.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Actually there is a post on the 2.7l FIPK in the performance sec. that they help the 2.7ls because they run so rich from the factory the k&n leans them out. I have a 98 2.7l w/the k&n fipk and enjoy the benifit of it.

·
Administrator
18,246 Posts
I've never used or heard of Truflow before. I started with a K&N filter (not the FIPK setup) and learned over time that my K&N filter was letting dirt past. I looked on the filter side of the air box and always found a fine layer of dirt. After hearing all the hype on here about Amsoil, I bought their filter and tried it. No more dirt build-up past the filter. I will NEVER use OR recommend a K&N filter ever again. Oh yeah, their FIPK is a waste of money. Just get the high-flow filter and save the rest of your money for headers or an exhaust.

There are various dealers here on the board that sell Amsoil. I am not one of them. I'm just a satisfied customer recommending their product. Ask around on the board and I'm sure you can find a dealer offering some good pricing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts