TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have S/C 2001 4x4 3.4 taco, california truck, 2 cats, 2 O2 sensors. On the Autometer Air/fuel ratio gauge, where does the PURPLE wire (to sensor) attach to????Where in the wire loom. I've attached the red wire to ignition source and the black to ground..HELP!!!!!!!.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The AM AF gauge is not a wide band. You can't hook it up to the 2001 AF sensor. You need to add a weld in bung and purchase an oxygen sensor. I ordered the oxygen sensor kit from AM for this gauge. Note you want to order a seperate stainless steel bung if you are using the TRD headers as they are 304 stainless steel and incompatable with the mild steel bung which comes with the AM sensor. Gadget has it on his site.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Just a quick FYI, Those guages are pretty much useless unless you tune the truck on a dyno and figure out which LED bar it should be at when you are on full throttle. Then if it varries from that bar under load then you know you need to look into why you are leaning out. I had one on a NA MR2 that I put a turbo on and the thing was reading in the green even thought the car was lean as all hell! I had something like a 16:1 ratio on wideband and the guage was still two green bars from reading lean.

·
Registered
347 Posts
you need the Elect manual to figure out which plug the 02 wire is going into. Once you find it you need to splice into it as close to the sensor as possible. the closer the the ecu, if i am remebering correctly, the greater the voltage drop.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
dezracer said:
I have S/C 2001 4x4 3.4 taco, california truck, 2 cats, 2 O2 sensors. On the Autometer Air/fuel ratio gauge, where does the PURPLE wire (to sensor) attach to????Where in the wire loom. I've attached the red wire to ignition source and the black to ground..HELP!!!!!!!.
I concurr...those narrow band afr meter worthless. Dont even try to tune with it will be impossible. I would return it and get a wideband tuner. If you want a guage thats mounted in the cab some where, there are adapters you can use for mounting a analog guage to use in conjuctions with the wide band. Check out the URD website. AEM has one thats reallly nice but its around $450 but it can data log comes with 9/16 guage I believe which is that same size the trd and autometer gauges.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts