TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't figure out which sensor to buy. It seems every web site has a differant part number for my truck. I want the front upstream air/ fuel sensor. I have a 2001 Tacoma base 4x4 with the 2.7. The truck was assembled 09/2000, which has been a nightmare buying parts for the 11 years that I have owned it. I would go to my local dealer but they kept ordering the wrong parts last time I went there, they even used my vin number. I am pretty sure I should just buy the most expensive one that has always happened.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I can't figure out which sensor to buy. It seems every web site has a differant part number for my truck. I want the front upstream air/ fuel sensor. I have a 2001 Tacoma base 4x4 with the 2.7. The truck was assembled 09/2000, which has been a nightmare buying parts for the 11 years that I have owned it. I would go to my local dealer but they kept ordering the wrong parts last time I went there, they even used my vin number. I am pretty sure I should just buy the most expensive one that has always happened.
I bought mine on Amazon.com like 6 or 7 years ago when it needed to be replaced on my '01 2.7 Cali-Emissions Taco..

Here it is:

www.amazon.com/Denso-234-9002-Fuel-Ratio-Sensor/dp/B000C5YCYS

Denso makes the OEM oxygen sensors for our trucks. You can cross-reference the parts right from the Denso website to make sure.

Make sure you also buy a can of Seafoam Deep Creep and a rusty/stripped nut extractor tool and have a torch ready. Heating the nuts up with the torch, spraying them with the Deep Creep while red hot, and then trying to remove it while still warm with the extractor should get them off no problem.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys this helps a lot. I guess that's the downfall of the Internet is sometimes you can have to much information.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts