TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If buying airhorns... don't buy these POS's

Harbor Freight Horns

I found that the compressor can't drive both horns... and ended up only using the single long horn... These are nothing like my Hella twin air horns on my truck... so save yerself the money and get the Hellas...

And no way are they 135db's

Farking chinese junk... :mad:

Luckly... I only wasted $20.00 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Get a tractor trailer horn. Run them off an onboard air system of co2 tank.

·
Registered
552 Posts
The horn on my 01 is not a whimpy horn but it would be nice to have a louder one just for the hell of it. Whats wrong with getting two Cadilac horns and running them with the existing horns? Mike

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Mike-in-WV said:
The horn on my 01 is not a whimpy horn but it would be nice to have a louder one just for the hell of it. Whats wrong with getting two Cadilac horns and running them with the existing horns? Mike
cadilac horns are loud! loudest ive ever heard. i should look into that

NorcalPR said:
norcal did you get the right video? its just some stock taco that couldnt make it up a small hill

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Animal said:
he posted that vid in a couple other places... I think he's fooln' about!! :p

it's pretty hi-larry-ous!! :lmao:
lol i'm sittin here waitin for the guy in the truck to blast the guy takin the vid and hearin him scream like a little girl and it never happened :(

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
alright, well one day god was smiling down upon me and i found www.hornblasters.com EVERYONE needs to go there and check out the vids section (the left hand side vids). This section of vids had my family and i laughing for hours.

I went later and got the 3 chime train horn and compressor combo. Easily the best $400 i have ever spent in my life. If ya'll check out those vids you will see why. They are no exaggeration at all. Now that i dont have the train horn installed in my truck anymore, i yell out TRAIN HORN to myself when i see some punkass kids trying to show off in the middle of the road that need a good blast. These friggin horns are SO LOUD!

After i got them, i was told hornblasters over charges. IDK about that, because i never kept researching. All i can say is that their customer service was incredible. I know almost nothing more than how to sodder. Thats about the limit to my electrical career. I called them and they walked me though the setup for my horn/compressor on the phone in 10 minutes.

My next problem will be where to mount it. I need a place that it wont get soaked when i wheel. That will be an upcoming thread!

not a single DTP ticket yet! :rolleyes: I cant wait to install it on my new rig!

ohh and don't pay attention to the sound clips on the site, they are very in accurate

please PM me if you have any questions, i would love to help

·
Registered
55 Posts
I bought a set from Seige Engineering a couple weeks ago. I mounted the tank, compressor, and horns where the spare tire used to be. It was loud and fun for a little while before i snapped one of the trumpets off at the base. I'm still fighting with them over it, it should be covered under my warranty. Their fun as hell though.

I was crossing train tracks after the light turned green, as people started going I layed it on. Everyone slammed on their brakes, haha it was totally fucking worth the price tag for that

·
Registered
583 Posts
I'm currently working on a compressed air system and air horns. I've got a 4 horn kit, 5 gallon aluminum tank, and Air Zenith compressor. It's gonna rock. :xrocker: I mounted the horns behind the bumper. The tank will be on the frame rail. The compressor will be up in the rear quarter panel of the bed.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
PB2theMax said:
I'm currently working on a compressed air system and air horns. I've got a 4 horn kit, 5 gallon aluminum tank, and Air Zenith compressor. It's gonna rock. :xrocker: I mounted the horns behind the bumper. The tank will be on the frame rail. The compressor will be up in the rear quarter panel of the bed.

but you dont wheel your truck do you?

·
Registered
2,509 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Muddin taco2131 said:
but you dont wheel your truck do you?
My 05 Taco just goes on wooded trails and wherever I need to go when I'm hunting. If I want to go wheeling I'll use my 85 GMC 2500 4x4.

There's no way I'd mount the horns on top of my roof, and they won't fit under the hood, so where else can they go?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
11 Participants
PB2theMax
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing