TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i was looking at a few intakes for my trucke mainly the k&n, air raid and fujita. the k&n and air raid come with a shild around the filter and the fujita does not is that shield really help full or even necessary or not. And has any one had any experience with the fujita intake systems.

·
Registered
268 Posts
save the $ and do the deckplate mod like everyone else has. If you don't know what it is. search button is great tool on this site. deckplate costs like $3 and provides more power than the big $ kits. oh, and it takes less than 15 minutes

·
Registered
680 Posts
please tell more of this turbo kit!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yes please do speak more of this turbo. Air induction will be the last of your worries with a turbo. Look at upgrading your fuel lines and injectors, headers, exhaust, and a couple other things. You'll be fine with the deckplate mod and this "turbo" your getting put on.

·
Registered
268 Posts
whoa bigman, just take pics of it when ur done. that's all the proof i need. thanks though. i'll point you to my random turbo websites as well lol even though i don't have one. cool beans chicken

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i will get you pics when i complete my turbo system. And what are you jealous or somthing that iam ordering one, but even i asked you for your input on the subject you get snyde at the fact that i had a intake question because i wanted the best set up i could find?

·
Registered
680 Posts
yeah just as i thougt both for the 3.4L . was hoping that something was out there for the 2.7s. going from the supra to taco takes some getting use to. between the lighter sprung clutch and 400ish less HP. oh well good luck with your build.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thx alot, i bet that supra was blazing fast any way. i saw some superchargers for sale for the 2.7 but it was not form trd it was another brand if you are interested i can try to find them again for you.

·
Registered
268 Posts
sparkytacoma said:
i will get you pics when i complete my turbo system. And what are you jealous or somthing that iam ordering one, but even i asked you for your input on the subject you get snyde at the fact that i had a intake question because i wanted the best set up i could find?
i dont care what setup you get. i think turbo is retarded on tacomas. they're trucks that are made to be beat up and not go fast. if you want a sick turbo setup, get a supra. thats my opinion. i'm not snyde, just practical. the turbo doesn't help me when i have 400lbs of shiz in the bed or when i'm cruising the beach in 4wd. i just think modding tacomas to go faster with anything but a S/C is retarded b/c you only see the gains at high rpms which is not the downfall of these tacos. low end power is where they need help and thats where a s/c comes in. but still, i can't see myself spending all that $ to make my truck go faster. it's a dog with my big tires on it already, i expect that. that's why i have an e46, that i wouldn't mind a turbo on however ;) take care brotha

·
Registered
680 Posts
well to each is his own personally i like the idea of a turbo on anything. if you need its there if you dont your not burning extra gas. a properly set turbo will be getting full boost at 3-4500 RPM in 4 lo in the rocks thats where im at most the time. now ifi all i did was cruise the mall to take girls to the beach then yeah i wouldnt see the need for a turbo in a truck.

not flameing you just saying each is his own I like the turbo systems over S/C anyway and if i had the money id build my own kit just to have it. :2cents:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats why i wanted the turbo was for the mid to upper range power increase its not a speed demon and will never be. I have a tt 300zx for when i need to go fast i just wanted some more power out of the tacoma.

·
Registered
268 Posts
right on man. my recommendation for more power out of the taco would be a supercharger but hey if you want the turbo then do your thing.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Figital thats a sharp looking truck, i wish i had got something other then white. really dig the black on black look.

Im cosidering both, use to the turbo form the supra but S/C isnt out of the pic either.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm sorry but I don't think you would use the intake for that turbo kit. Please look over the kit again. Do you under stand how that setup works? The aftermarket intakes you stated are for N/A trucks or roots style superchargers. The STS kit suck air from under the bed area.
So now you just saved $250 on something you don't need ;)

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
Turbo sounds nice, but I do not remember hearing any wheeling Taco having one installed. You mainly see the S/C on wheeling Tacos. Turbos are mainly used for street Tacos.
If you are set to do a Turbo, good luck and post pics of the install.

·
Registered
224 Posts
why are you asking about gettin an intake if your gonna be using the sts systme they dont use intakes. A tube runs from your intake manifold and goes under the truck and connects to the turbo. You dont need an intake there is no place for it

·
Registered
276 Posts
02TacoRunner said:
why are you asking about gettin an intake if your gonna be using the sts systme they dont use intakes. A tube runs from your intake manifold and goes under the truck and connects to the turbo. You dont need an intake there is no place for it
Thats what I said :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
maybe he doesn't understand how the setup works cuz he's not really getting that turbo? who knows. if i were getting a turbo put in, i think i would know if i needed an intake or not. thats just me though ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts