TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a writeup I did looking at air tire pressure on my V6, 4-door '05 TRD 4x4 with 31" Goodyear silent armors. It's interesting to see where tire pressure reduction actually kicks in to be useful in sand. I've run at 17psi and still dig with these tires. They're great in snow but I've had to really put them down in sand. And, sometimes when I feel dumb, forget to put it into 4x4 just to practice digging.

http://aaronlinsdau.com/gear/articles/tacoma_wrangler_tires.html

·
Registered
528 Posts
I have a Prerunner and when I go to Pismo and Glamis I run anywhere from 8 to 12psi. I start at 12 and if I still have problems getting stuck I lower my psi down even more. I also have all the tries at the same psi. Some people say lower the front more than the rear, some say lower the rear more than the front. I've found that having all the tires at the same psi workes best.

·
Registered
62 Posts
12 in the front 8 in the back.. come on guys.. not that complicatied

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
I like to start with em high @20 fr 15 rr
save some air for when you get stuck
of course i'm 4x4 so it happens less

·
Registered
317 Posts
I wouldn't go less than 15psi with a LT 4wd or even a built 2wd. You want to be able to still go fast through the woops with out worring about the tire coming off the bead. I like to run 15 psi even in ocotilla; helps smooth out the ride.:2cents:

·
Registered
167 Posts
last trip to glamis i was running 12psi fr and rear on my 93 p/u and was keeping it in 2wd the entire time(never needed 4wd)-32" bfg's
On my tacoma i usually run 15psi in the sand and have no problems-31" bfg's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts