TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get the air shocks set up on my truck and I have no idea how to. I have acess to the equipment to do it but I need to have some ballpark pressure and oil specs. Its a 92 toyota truck, 16" rock equipment air shocks, not sure what else info you would need but if anyone can give me an idea where to start I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
im no expert but im pretty sure u have to weigh each corner of the truck to determine how the shocks will be set up. ie each truck is different due to weight (bumpers winches etc.) and will therefore need a shock to be tuned specifically for that application. get some base figures and then fuck around till u get it to where u need it.

how was that for help?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
i normally just set up the shock hoops with the amount of rod i want showing, once you get all that done and the shocks are ready to be charged you will need to jack the rig up so the shocks are fully extended, then charge with nitrogen to say 200psi to start with, adjust as necessary, Check ride height, ride quality. If its too soft, you will need to pull the schader and start adding 30cc's of oil, repeat untill you have the desired ride, if you cant get it right that way then you will need to pull the air shocks apart and mess with the valving.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts