TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '99 Tacoma SR5 4X4 and recently the airbag indicator has been flashing. The manual says "Take to dealer immediately," but does anybody have any idea what this is and how I can correct it?

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
00Andy said:
I have a '99 Tacoma SR5 4X4 and recently the airbag indicator has been flashing. The manual says "Take to dealer immediately," but does anybody have any idea what this is and how I can correct it?
See if this gets you pointed in the right direction.

http://www.norcalttora.com/~mike/fsm/di_rs_dtcc.pdf

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
148 Posts
One quick (relatively) easy thing to check is the seat belt plug inder the drivers seat.
Unfortunately, you will probably have to pull the seat out to get to it, as its UNDER the carpet.
The seat is actually pretty easy to take out...takes about 10 mins, with a 14mm (and possibly also a 12mm< I cant remember for sure)...

Once the seat is out, you can follow the wire from the seat belt, along the trans hump, to a hole in the carpet. A few inches inside the hole is where the plug is mounted.
Mine somehow had worked loose, and the plug had come apart...I'm guessing maybe from jamming stuff in and out from under the seat?....My light went out once I plugged it back together....

I dont remember whether there was another plug on the passenger side also or not ....

·
Registered
185 Posts
Alot of times the first thing to go bad with an air bag is the coiled up wire called a clock spring, that connects the air bag to the steering wheel. Whenever an air bag goes off you are supposed to replace it also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts