TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just unplugged the wires under the seats of my 06 taco and now the airbag indicator is continuously on on the dashboard. What do I need to do to defeat this indicator light and keep the airbags from ever going off? I would like to perminantly defeat the airbags because I dont want them going off when Im out wheeling/hunting or checking my cattle because of a hard bump.I would prefer a simple defeat that can be put back if I should decide to sell it again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After reading a few messages on this site, its become aperant that the majority of the members here are oposed to screwing around with the airbags because of "safety" issues.

Maybe I should explain my situation. I live in a very non populated area of the world and travel 90 percent of my time on dirt and gravel roads. I have hit plenty of deer and even a few of my cows but, have never (and probably never will) run into anything going faster than 45miles per hour. I dont baja my vehicles because they need to last me a long time.
With 80 sections of land at my disposal( family ranch) , I need to travel these roads daily to make sure my cattle are safe and fed. Even the roads going into the local town are rough enough that I prolly would never see speeds faster than 55 mph.
My biggest concern is hitting another deer at 45mph and having an airbag hitting me in the face without having the dangers of actually getting into a severe accident (after all, Ive hit many deer with my other "non airbag" vehicles and survived to the ripe old age of 41).
My father in law hit a deer a few months ago and the airbags went off in his face. He says he was only going 35mph when he hit the deer but the airbags knocked one eyeball out of a socket (requiring medical attention of course , he is an eye glass wearer) and his wife (my mother in law)suffered a broken nose from having her wrist shoved into her face.
Its not my desire to have bodily damages to myself because of hitting a dang deer. Its my very determined persuit to find a way to dissable these airbags.If someone could please give me some options as to best disable these, please let me know (even if its in personal messaging) I would be very gratefull.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts