TTORA Forum banner

airflow mod question

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Uneasy Rider 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I know this has been discussed before but I can't even remember what is was called to Search it.

Something about a D-shaped gasket or whatever in the intake path that can be trimmed/removed for greater air flow?

Ring any bells?

#3 ·
Roger Mac said:
Hey guys. I know this has been discussed before but I can't even remember what is was called to Search it.

Something about a D-shaped gasket or whatever in the intake path that can be trimmed/removed for greater air flow?

Ring any bells?
I think you are talking about the throttle body gasket. The supercharger comes with a round one that doesn't extend into the flow path. You can probably get the round ones from Gadget.

#6 ·
#8 ·
mudferret said:
How much of the original gasket is removed by either trimming or going with an O-shaped gasket?

Any dynos ever done to compare the D and O shaped gaskets? I'm unemployed and bored so I may trim mine for the helluva it if I can be guaranteed at least 1/10th HP :eek:

I trimmed mine off & there is not alot, problably like 1/4 inch at the most. Big hp. increase too......problably like 8-10 at the rear wheels. :bs:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.