TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put new wheel bearing on my new 95 pickup the other day and then I put the hub back on. I then turned the wheel and it was free, then I locked the hub which worked then I unlocked it but it kept locked and the cv shaft turned. I then took it apart and for the life of me I cant figure out how these things are supposed to dissengage?

When you turn the Aisin it pushes the gear into place, however the gear is free floating, so when you unlock the hub the gear is still there locked? Shouldnt the gear be attached to the hub?

If anyone knows of a schematic or something for how these work or if you could just explain to me that would be great, I am just not sure if they are broke or what, both sides are the same.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
I remember a schematic somewhere but can't find it. When I first got my spindles, I had to take off my other hub to figure out how to put it back together.

·
Registered
5 Posts
you mean a schematic like this? (for a 93 pickup)

I've heard if you pack too much grease into the hub it doesn't disengage very well

·
Registered
80 Posts
too much grease and especally when reassembling the hub with the bend-over tabs not in the right spot--- the reason MOST hubs fail !!!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah, I see now thanks for those schematics thats exactly what I needed. I didn't even realize there were two seperate springs, its that little spring that attaches to the "clutch" or gear which also pulls it back out when you unlock,

For some reason my hubs werent put together right, I think the old owner was screwing with them!

Ill tear it apart tommorrow and see if I can figure it out this time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts