TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to get ahold of AJ at Bentup to order the SAS kit? Anyone know if he is out for awhile? Unable to order from the web page. Thanks for the help

Hutch

·
Registered
295 Posts
Just FYI, I can make the same thing, hoops and everything, for alot less than that. Plus you wouldn't have to ship it, but it's up to you.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will give you a call after work and chat.

Thanks

Hutch BTW Nice rig of the month pic

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Tacoma747 said:
Just FYI, I can make the same thing, hoops and everything, for alot less than that.
Normally I wouldn't say anything, but I guess I'm in a shitty mood today. I don't think I've ever seen you give any constructive advice on this board. All you do is try to sell shit. If you make these kits why not start your own thread instead of trying to jack someone elses business? I'm sure if he wanted you to make him the stuff he would have contacted you. Just in case you don't remember, I'm the guy you went apeshit on a few months back on AIM about stiffing you on some jeep parts I was supposedly buying from you. Funny, I don't even own a jeep. Sooooo....

:stfu: Antispam

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Hutch98 said:
Trying to get ahold of AJ at Bentup to order the SAS kit? Anyone know if he is out for awhile? Unable to order from the web page. Thanks for the help

Hutch
Try calling him at 916-207-7467.

·
Registered
295 Posts
tenntaco said:
Normally I wouldn't say anything, but I guess I'm in a shitty mood today. I don't think I've ever seen you give any constructive advice on this board. All you do is try to sell shit. If you make these kits why not start your own thread instead of trying to jack someone elses business? I'm sure if he wanted you to make him the stuff he would have contacted you. Just in case you don't remember, I'm the guy you went apeshit on a few months back on AIM about stiffing you on some jeep parts I was supposedly buying from you. Funny, I don't even own a jeep. Sooooo....

:stfu: Antispam
For one thing, sorry about a couple months ago, I figured out who it was that was supposed to buy those parts. His AIM name was MoFoCo or something like that, that is why I thought it might have been you, because 'mofo' is in both of your names.

And as for me spamming, I don't see what is wrong with offering someone the same thing for a cheaper price. If someone can beat my price on a pair of sliders or something, then they can, and good for them. I was just telling Hutch that since he lives close to me, and if he wanted me to, I could build something that would be just as good, and it would save him some money.

I don't see the problem in helping a friend save money... And I don't make 'kits' for SAS, but can make it for him since his truck is availble to work on, but I don't see that I will be making a weld-on kit for SAS, so by no means do I think this would put AJ out of business...

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Well for what it is worth to you, here is another person that thinks jumping in on a thread to jack business from someone else is pretty much low brow. Folks work very hard over a long period to gain a good rep and they deserve the business they get from making that effort. You may have better results over the long term if you try that tried and true method for a while instead of knocking off other peoples business and products.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Dick Foster said:
Well for what it is worth to you, here is another person that thinks jumping in on a thread to jack business from someone else is pretty much low brow. Folks work very hard over a long period to gain a good rep and they deserve the business they get from making that effort. You may have better results over the long term if you try that tried and true method for a while instead of knocking off other peoples business and products.
Amen brother!! It happens all too often.

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
Tacoma747 said:
Just FYI, I can make the same thing, hoops and everything, for alot less than that. Plus you wouldn't have to ship it, but it's up to you.
I may be mistaken, but aren't you supposed to pay in order to be able to "sell" your stuff on this board? Hutch was looking for someone reputable, let him talk to AJ and see what kind of a deal he can get.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Tacoma747 said:
I don't see the problem in helping a friend save money
You post all the time about sliders and different things you're selling. How would you like it if I, or someone else, jumped in those threads and offered to lo-ball you?

If he's a friend of yours you should pm, email, or call him and tell him you can help him out. Hijacking threads like this isn't the way to handle it.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Give aj a call if you want to order stuff at the number mentioned above if you want to order stuff.
If he doesnt get back to you, call me at 925-785-0976

-chuck
www.bentup.com

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tacoma747 said:
I don't see the problem in helping a friend save money... And I don't make 'kits' for SAS, but can make it for him since his truck is availble to work on, but I don't see that I will be making a weld-on kit for SAS, so by no means do I think this would put AJ out of business...
I've seen your "truck" before, and you should stick to making sliders. You've got the worst SAS I've ever seen, and I've seen more than a few.

For you guys wondering what makes it so bad, for starters, he screwed up the axle placement and steering box placement so bad he'll never be ABLE to run more than a 33" tire. as it is now, he's all into the floor board when the suspension goes to compression.

It's ok though, he'll never know how bad his crap is with those open diffs... How can you possibly test our these "parts" you're trying to sell if you can't get past a D2-D3 trail? :rolleyes:

Stick with guys like AJ. They've built a good reputation for a reason.

P.S. LOVE the new board!!! :D

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
Thank you, sir, for getting right to the point and helping this fine gentleman get the information he needed. :clap:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yes I did put the steering box at an angle, and that made me move the axle back to keep from rubbing. I don't think that that is a problem that many others have not encountered. I do not know who you Rocks4me, so I don't know where you saw my truck unless it was in pictures, but if you have seen it in person please let me know who you are. If I had the chance to do it over, I would have probably done it differently, and one day I will probably change it, and when that day comes it is nothing I can't handle myself. As for fitting 33's, I can run 33's and only run VERY slightly if it is fully stuffed and turned, and rarely does that happen. You also have to remember I am not running 12" of lift like lots of these guys, maybe 6-8" from stock height.

As for hijacking the post, sorry guys, figured since I knew him and have done stuff for him before it wouldn't matter that much.

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
You replied to the wrong person. You might want to repost this to "Rocks4Me" so he can see it, if he comes back by.

That was one heck of a first post. I hope he knows you.

On a side note, useless as it may be, I just noticed that we were born 21 days apart from each other, in the same year. Kind of remotely weird. :D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts