TTORA Forum banner

Alarm mod question...

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  steveva 
#1 ·
I did the quick alarm mod fromCustom Taco's site, however I can't seem to find the place to hook up an LED. I purchased a 12V LED from the RShack and would like to wire it in so "I" remember that the alarm is armed. I am posting on this site because I just seem to like TTORA better :) . If anyone could help with a pic or some really good idea to where this plug with the four wires is located it sure would help me out, BTY my Taco is a 2004 Ext cab. Thanks.

#4 · (Edited)
on an '04 the plug for the led and GBS is right under the ash tray (the instruction on custom tacos is for other years and the wires are different on the '04). if you take off the deal with the outlets on it, its back there easy to find.

I picked up an OEM GBS and indicator off ebay for $85. It rocks!!! worth every penny. They are on there all the time.

#11 ·
Which wire are you looking for? If it's the wire to activate the alarm, on my 04 TRD Xcab, I found it just the the left of the steering wheel shaft, just above/near the vent duct. Just disconnect the connector and your set.
If it's the GBS/sensor wire, it's right below the ash tray, behind the aux 12v power outlets taped to a bundle of wires. You can't miss it, it's a four pin connector. But it is a bitch to get to, but it's there. I shelled out the $179 for the factory sensor just to be safe, also, could not find one availabe on ebay.
Good Luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.