TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, yes, I just searched the forum for the past half hour looking for an answer. While some threads were close, none of them were quite as specific as what I need.

So, here's the problem.

I have a 2000 Tacoma 3.4L V6 4x4 TRD.

I had no idea it had an alarm.

I replaced the battery.

As soon as I hooked up the new battery the thing started going aggro.

Since I didn't know it had an alarm or even care, I cut the wire to the horn to shut the damn thing up.

When I open the door, the door chime doesn't do it's usualy diiiiiing, diiiiiing, but it just dings on and off. on and off. on and off. and alongside that it sounds like a turn signal is on, that clicking sound, but it is not.

Since then I've taken apart the underside of the dash and found the box for the alarm. It says something, something, 3000 so I'm assuming it's the RS3000.

So, I just started unplugging the wires from the main unit. As soon as the noises stopped, I tried to start the vehicle (which will require a jump from my other Tacoma). Well, it's dead. I mean, dead as a doorknob. So, I plugged the alarm wires all back in and it's still just dead. Completely dead. No electrical, no nothing.

Any help?

All I want to do is get this thing started and get rid of it. The battery was shot so I needed a new battery in order to sell the truck and this is what it has turned into. A 15 minute project has turned into 2 days of full blown bullshit.

Any help is much appreciated. Can supply a phone number if somebody would be willing to walk me through it.

Too broke to get dinged by some mechanic.

THANKS!

·
Registered
785 Posts
that alarm is usually installed using t-harnesses minus the door lock wires. you should be able to undo the t-harnesses and plug the normal harness back in place. will the truck even attempt to crank?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much man! I appreciate the help, however, apparently everything is fine now??? So bizarre. When the truck went dead on me I just unhooked the battery and let it sit until I went and tried it again yesterday. I hooked up the battery again and the alarm started doing the same thing when the door was open: quick dings and clicks. Then i shut the door and went and tightened the battery terminals because i was planning on really getting into the project. Well the next time I opened the door it was as if the entire thing never happened. Normal door chime, electrical worked and the thing started up perfectly. I have absolutely NO idea what changed or happened or whatever, but the thing is fine. Unbelievable. Thanks though! I appreciate the reply.

·
Registered
785 Posts
nothing better than a problem that fixes itself. hopefully it was just a bug that will not come back to bother you again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts