TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
besides Viper, does any1 know of a good car alarm for around $200. I'm looking to get 1 for my gf for xmas, and Viper seems a lil high and a lil bit over rated. Any websites any1 know of? Thanx, Wes

·
Registered
340 Posts
wslytoy said:
besides Viper, does any1 know of a good car alarm for around $200. I'm looking to get 1 for my gf for xmas, and Viper seems a lil high and a lil bit over rated. Any websites any1 know of? Thanx, Wes
I was talking with a car audio shop guy (older guy who has been in the buisness from the beginning) a couple months ago and he said most of the major brands are made by the same company, so they are basicly the same alarm. The only difference is the name on the box.
When I get an alarm, I'm just getting a basic alarm and add a second horn onto it, hidden in a not so common place. So when the alarm goes off and they cut the wires for the first horn/speaker/whatever you will still have the other one going off in a hidden location.
He was also telling me to making it a battery powered piezo horn with a key shut off(one of those round "unpickable" locks) so there isn't a way to turn it off without the key. But if you loose the key your screwed LOL

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
audiofreak97 said:
I was talking with a car audio shop guy (older guy who has been in the buisness from the beginning) a couple months ago and he said most of the major brands are made by the same company, so they are basicly the same alarm. The only difference is the name on the box.
When I get an alarm, I'm just getting a basic alarm and add a second horn onto it, hidden in a not so common place. So when the alarm goes off and they cut the wires for the first horn/speaker/whatever you will still have the other one going off in a hidden location.
He was also telling me to making it a battery powered piezo horn with a key shut off(one of those round "unpickable" locks) so there isn't a way to turn it off without the key. But if you loose the key your screwed LOL

hey man,
I was looking on Crutchfields website and they had 1 for $200 and it included all the bells and whistles such as microwave sensors, glass break sensors, trunk popper, keyless entry, some kinda code protection in case some1 scans to try and program their remote to get in your car. I'm assuming that's a pretty good deal. My gf's car is an Acura Integra, so I'm not real sure where a 2nd horn would fit, lol!!! Thanx for your input, Wes

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a Sidewinder 6500ESP which is made by DEI (the makers of viper). It cost me installed around $215.00 w/shock sensor, flashing parking lights, engine kill, domelight supervision and bright blue LED. Go to www.directed.com and you will see all the alarms available. Most of them have the same features just the name is different.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Whats up man In in the Byram, MS......Anyways back to the alarm? Have you tried Audio Central on Hwy 80 in Jackson.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alarm

cmw680 said:
Whats up man In in the Byram, MS......Anyways back to the alarm? Have you tried Audio Central on Hwy 80 in Jackson.
I haven't even tried Best Buy yet, I've been lazy, haha. I'm gonna go check some out as soon as I get thru w/ all my damn exams. You in school or anything? Peace, Wes

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cmw680 said:
Naww I just work for Time Warner Cable......what about u are u in college or high school?
ok cool, I'm up in Madison, I go to Holmes, I'm in a 96' Black Ex-cab w/ 31x12.50 bfg at's on 15x10 MT Classic 2's. If you ever see me just honk. Or you can flag me down and tell me how badass my truck is, HAHAHA! Peace, Wes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
wslytoy
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing